PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 04:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

akates is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to reflash stock sprint ROM?

I'm been flashing a few of OMJ's ROMs and I've found that my phone has a problem nobody else's seems to have in that a good deal of calls don't ring on my phone and go straight to voicemail. I don't mean that it flashes and I just don't hear the ring as I've fixed that issue, there is no indication at all that there is a call and there is no missed call in the call log. I can't seem to figure this out and I'm going to bring my phone in to Sprint for a hardware exchange. When I download the sprint ROM it has a Sprint_Stock.nbh file but not a RUU_Signed.nbh file. How do I go about flashing to this Sprint_Stock.nbh file?

Thanks
Old 01-28-2009, 04:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, former Touch vogue

egriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good work
Re: How to reflash stock sprint ROM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akates View Post
I'm been flashing a few of OMJ's ROMs and I've found that my phone has a problem nobody else's seems to have in that a good deal of calls don't ring on my phone and go straight to voicemail. I don't mean that it flashes and I just don't hear the ring as I've fixed that issue, there is no indication at all that there is a call and there is no missed call in the call log. I can't seem to figure this out and I'm going to bring my phone in to Sprint for a hardware exchange. When I download the sprint ROM it has a Sprint_Stock.nbh file but not a RUU_Signed.nbh file. How do I go about flashing to this Sprint_Stock.nbh file?

Thanks
ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Diamond/Stock%20R...nt_Shipped.rar

You want to use the above link to get the SHIPPED Sprint rom and radio. This will restore your phone back to out of the box specs. Then, reflash a custom rom at your leisure. Be sure your phone is unlocked!!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

What's the difference between stock and shipped? I don't want to mess my radio up even more if that's what's currently not working. When reflashing to another ROM, does it completely replace everything that's on the shipped ROM? I thought it does but I'm just trying to figure out what could have gone wrong with my phone right now or if it's just a hardware issue.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:52 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
What's the difference between stock and shipped? I don't want to mess my radio up even more if that's what's currently not working. When reflashing to another ROM, does it completely replace everything that's on the shipped ROM? I thought it does but I'm just trying to figure out what could have gone wrong with my phone right now or if it's just a hardware issue.
ship roms are stock, and include OS, Radio, PRL, and SPL. You should flash that to restore completely to stock.

There are a few "stock" roms around that are dumps from devices that include OS only. If the problem IS the radio, it won't be fixed if you don't flash ship. I doubt the problem is radio or rom, it's prolly with Sprint.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

scarsofthumper is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to scarsofthumper Send a message via Yahoo to scarsofthumper

Have you tried flashing the Telus radio?

"Obviously, no one wants to fail. But who's to say that failure's not a good thing masked in the wisdom that you can't see at that point? I just try to look at the positive." - Khalil Greene

aim - mary kate on lsd

Sprint Touch Diamond - Telus V1.04.05V Radio D - MightyROM 4.6
Old 01-28-2009, 04:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
ship roms are stock, and include OS, Radio, PRL, and SPL. You should flash that to restore completely to stock.

There are a few "stock" roms around that are dumps from devices that include OS only. If the problem IS the radio, it won't be fixed if you don't flash ship. I doubt the problem is radio or rom, it's prolly with Sprint.
When you say you think the problem is with Sprint does that mean service or hardware? I got my diamond off of ebay and I'm trying to figure out how to get it to work right! Everything outside of this missed call (actually missed as in never existed on my end, not "missed call" in the phone) is perfect, I'm just so frustrated. I have 4 days left to add insurance to my phone and then I can swap it for a refurb but if the new one will be like that I don't even want to bother!
Old 01-28-2009, 05:04 PM
AWOL

Quote:
When you say you think the problem is with Sprint does that mean service or hardware? I got my diamond off of ebay and I'm trying to figure out how to get it to work right! Everything outside of this missed call (actually missed as in never existed on my end, not "missed call" in the phone) is perfect, I'm just so frustrated. I have 4 days left to add insurance to my phone and then I can swap it for a refurb but if the new one will be like that I don't even want to bother!
I'd guess Sprint's service. Call and complain. Won't hurt to flash back to ship though. Could be hardware, I guess..
Old 01-28-2009, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarsofthumper View Post
Have you tried flashing the Telus radio?
I think this may be my next step. I first wanted to go back to the stock rom to see if the problem occurs there. If it does, I'll start playing with the radio. It's frustrating because when I'm testing it 5-6 calls in a row will work, then i'll get 3-4 that don't work. For a while I thought it had to do with using ActiveSync but it doesn't appear that's the case as I've gotten it before running activesync as well. It's just so hard to pin down but it seems like an odd problem to be a hardware issue as I show full bars the whole time so it's not like my antenna gets disconnected or anything?
Old 01-28-2009, 05:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
I'd guess Sprint's service. Call and complain. Won't hurt to flash back to ship though. Could be hardware, I guess..
I live 2 miles from DC and have never had any coverage issues in the past so I just don't see how it can be a Sprint service issue?
Old 01-28-2009, 05:10 PM
AWOL

Quote:
I live 2 miles from DC and have never had any coverage issues in the past so I just don't see how it can be a Sprint service issue?
Because Sprint's service isn't flawless. Another user had the exact issue a couple of weeks ago, and Sprint called them and said it was Sprint's fault. See here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=184

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development