PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

sungod000 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ROM's incorporate registry tweaks?

Hey, I'm new to this but hyped up. I'm getting a Diamond soon and I've been reading all over. I just glanced at the registry tweaks section http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27
and i was wondering if the tweaks are incorporated into the custom ROMs or if I would still tweak after installing the ROM.

Thanks
Old 01-06-2009, 05:34 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: ROM's incorporate registry tweaks?

Most are incorporated in the rom, then users can edit their preferences after they install the rom. The two common methods for rom cooks are:

1. using RGU style regedits,
2. provxml, xml style regedits.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:02 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sungod000 is a n00b

Hey, thanks.

I got the diamond and spent some time with it under the Juicy ROM and upgraded to the new Telus radio ROM. Since I didn't even use the stock ROM, I have nothing to compare it to! But I like it. Only thing is battery drains like a mofo. I'm going to see if there are good tweaks to help battery life even more than Juicy.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungod000 View Post
Hey, thanks.

I got the diamond and spent some time with it under the Juicy ROM and upgraded to the new Telus radio ROM. Since I didn't even use the stock ROM, I have nothing to compare it to! But I like it. Only thing is battery drains like a mofo. I'm going to see if there are good tweaks to help battery life even more than Juicy.
Not likely. The Diamond and the TP are well known for poor battery life, well poor for most. This is even on a stock rom and radio. I am pretty familiar with Juicy roms and he would have every tweak known to man for battery in his roms.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Jady is a n00b

Try the Verizon radio. I have not used the Telus Radio yet but from the Sprint stock radio my battery life almost doubled with the Verizon one.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sungod000 is a n00b

I think I might do that. My battery is brand new and it is unreal. Maybe i'm so used to regular pcs phones. But this is just not practical. My phone is just sitting there. Hardly any talk, a couple of texts, and some playing around with it. Otherwise, mostly it is sleeping. And battery from a full charge is under 50% 12 hours later. Wait a sec, as it is sleeping, is it still doing email send/receives? Is the wifi/bluetooth/data still awake and active?
Old 01-08-2009, 04:52 PM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jady View Post
Try the Verizon radio. I have not used the Telus Radio yet but from the Sprint stock radio my battery life almost doubled with the Verizon one.
well im using the telus radio and the battery life is good better than the others in my opinion
Old 01-08-2009, 04:55 PM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I think I might do that. My battery is brand new and it is unreal. Maybe i'm so used to regular pcs phones. But this is just not practical. My phone is just sitting there. Hardly any talk, a couple of texts, and some playing around with it. Otherwise, mostly it is sleeping. And battery from a full charge is under 50% 12 hours later. Wait a sec, as it is sleeping, is it still doing email send/receives? Is the wifi/bluetooth/data still awake and active?

turn that stuff off when not using it .my email is set to manual and so is my weather that has increased battery life
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sungod000 is a n00b

Ok, I'll give it a try, thanks. I even disabled the TF3D, so weather isn't even downloading (I think).
Old 01-11-2009, 01:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: vzw

creedin is keeping up the good workcreedin is keeping up the good workcreedin is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to creedin Send a message via MSN to creedin

Quote:
Quote:
Ok, I'll give it a try, thanks. I even disabled the TF3D, so weather isn't even downloading (I think).
if you have gps working, make sure you turn off the driver when not using it. it definately helps. al the wifi/email/data/bluetooth is on unless you manually turn it off... telus radio is the best, and change the [hklm\drivers\builtin battery] "polling interval" to 20000 or 25000
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development