PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2008, 05:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

kill_dano is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Issue with all 20XXX roms!: No programs then soft reset=hard reset

I have been using custom roms on my diamond since I got it. The last few months I have been flashing roms 2-5 times a week because they keep hard resetting. It first started with Juicy's roms. After he started putting 20xxx sys into his roms my phone would loose all the programs after a while and then a soft reset would automaticly do a hard reset.

Recently I started using Calculin's kitchen and rom's up to version 3.5a I would be able to run the rom for as long as I wanted. At 3.6, when he started using a 20xxx based sys, the phone would install the rom fine, but after a few hours all my programs have lost their icons (they have the generic white background with windows flag icon) and I cannot open any program. If I reset my phone it does a hard reset.

I just tried Mighty mike's 3.8 and I have the exact same issue. I also flashed the latest Radio.

Last edited by kill_dano; 01-01-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Issue with all 20XXX roms!: No programs then soft reset=hard reset

Like I posted in my thread, flash a OEM ROM, then try again. That happened once to me and once I flashed the OEM and flashed back, I have not had that problem again and I have flashed over 20 times since with no problems, so I would suggest you start with that first

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Flashing stock sprint rom. Thanks Calcu.

Last edited by kill_dano; 12-31-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:58 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

hmmm, I've never seen this.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:44 AM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

mighty 3.7 is on the 19*** build. It is quite stable, i rolled to it back from 3.8. Try it out.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:51 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

Hmmmm makes me second guess. I am still on 19XXX sys with my roms, byt i did a 20XXX on my wizzing rom and it looks fine. I hope I don't run into this when upgrading the sys on my other rom.....

Old 01-01-2009, 12:30 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
Hmmmm makes me second guess. I am still on 19XXX sys with my roms, byt i did a 20XXX on my wizzing rom and it looks fine. I hope I don't run into this when upgrading the sys on my other rom.....
You probably won't. I've flashed from 19x > 20x back and forth mannnnny times and haven't had this problem.

Seems very unique
Old 01-01-2009, 12:42 PM
N00b

Ambrose is becoming a great contributor

FYI, not so unique after all. I had the exact same problem (not sure if it was related to the 20x upgrade or something else, though). Followed Calcu's advice and flashed the Sprint stock rom found in the first post here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062 I went ahead and used the Sprint shipped rom, which also reset the radio. I then selected my preferred radio (Sprint Raph), then flashed another rom (Calcu 3.x). I've had no problems since, but now I know how to fix them if I do.

-Ambrose
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

i had a similar issue that i think was due to corrupted internal storage, here's a link - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=85
Old 01-01-2009, 01:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

After flashing stock, I've been running Calcu's 3.8 for longer than it seems I would have been able to before. I'm gonna call the issue resolved. It would only last for a few hours before and I've had it for almost a full day.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development