PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2008, 08:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Reliance

mailtojeya is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Stuck at Boot Splash Screen while Flashing

my Sprint touch diamond CDMA from sprint got stuck at the boot screen after flashing. i used HardSPL to remove the lock and then used a custom rom to flash. now its stuck at the cmonex splash screen without booting into windows. can anyone pls tell me how to unbrick my phone. this was the second time i was flashing, so i dont have that much experience with flashing.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:32 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community
Re: Stuck at Boot Splash Screen while Flashing

This should have been posted in the Flashing tutorial.

If you read that thread, you'll find that going into bootloader, and then flashing another ROM should fix your problem (and you should post any other questions there)

And what's a cmonex splash screen?
Old 12-16-2008, 02:50 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
You most likely need to update your radio to a GPS enabled version.

As noted by the title of your thread, your phone is not bricked. It's stuck in bootloader.
GGuruUSA, all Sprint Diamond and Pro radios as well as all other carriers except VZW Radio are 100% GPS enabled. so i doubt this is his/her issue. even at that i think the VZW radio is 100% GPS ready/enabled too its the PRI that locks there gps. dont quote me on the VZW tho as im not in the know about VZW.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 12-16-2008, 04:44 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
GGuruUSA, all Sprint Diamond and Pro radios as well as all other carriers except VZW Radio are 100% GPS enabled. so i doubt this is his/her issue. even at that i think the VZW radio is 100% GPS ready/enabled too its the PRI that locks there gps. dont quote me on the VZW tho as im not in the know about VZW.
damnit! thought I was in the vogue forum!

yeah, all the diamonds are GPS enabled. Failure of a known good custom rom to boot on a diamond probably just means flashing it again (like TobeyChris said). If you installed anything during an autoconfig step, that can cause issues too.

Last edited by gguruusa; 12-16-2008 at 04:46 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:23 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
damnit! thought I was in the vogue forum!

yeah, all the diamonds are GPS enabled. Failure of a known good custom rom to boot on a diamond probably just means flashing it again (like TobeyChris said). If you installed anything during an autoconfig step, that can cause issues too.
haha caught yah :P , but yah if its a known working rom id say flash again and be on your way and as GGuruUSA said, something installed viy UC can also cause a no boot.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:43 PM
Kitchen Builder

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

I'm confused... did you delete your old post GGuru?
Old 12-16-2008, 06:13 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
I'm confused... did you delete your old post GGuru?
Yes (no reason to leave crap suggestions visible). It didn't leave a stub? It should have. Juggalo immortalized it, anyway.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Reliance
Threadstarter

mailtojeya is a n00b

thanks guys, got into the bootloader and flashed it again. its working fine now. however gps is not working. i went into qpst and changed the gps settings also. its still saying "Fix not available". before flashing it used to lock in 10 secs. dont know what the problem is.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:52 PM
Kitchen Builder

I thought I was going crazy.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development