PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Stuck at Boot Splash Screen while Flashing (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49289)

mailtojeya 12-16-2008 08:43 AM

Stuck at Boot Splash Screen while Flashing

my Sprint touch diamond CDMA from sprint got stuck at the boot screen after flashing. i used HardSPL to remove the lock and then used a custom rom to flash. now its stuck at the cmonex splash screen without booting into windows. can anyone pls tell me how to unbrick my phone. this was the second time i was flashing, so i dont have that much experience with flashing.

tobeychris 12-16-2008 09:32 AM

Re: Stuck at Boot Splash Screen while Flashing

This should have been posted in the Flashing tutorial.

If you read that thread, you'll find that going into bootloader, and then flashing another ROM should fix your problem (and you should post any other questions there:))

And what's a cmonex splash screen?

Mr. X 12-16-2008 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gguruusa (Post 581818)
You most likely need to update your radio to a GPS enabled version.

As noted by the title of your thread, your phone is not bricked. It's stuck in bootloader.

GGuruUSA, all Sprint Diamond and Pro radios as well as all other carriers except VZW Radio are 100% GPS enabled. so i doubt this is his/her issue. even at that i think the VZW radio is 100% GPS ready/enabled too its the PRI that locks there gps. dont quote me on the VZW tho as im not in the know about VZW.

gguruusa 12-16-2008 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 581841)
GGuruUSA, all Sprint Diamond and Pro radios as well as all other carriers except VZW Radio are 100% GPS enabled. so i doubt this is his/her issue. even at that i think the VZW radio is 100% GPS ready/enabled too its the PRI that locks there gps. dont quote me on the VZW tho as im not in the know about VZW.

damnit! thought I was in the vogue forum!

yeah, all the diamonds are GPS enabled. Failure of a known good custom rom to boot on a diamond probably just means flashing it again (like TobeyChris said). If you installed anything during an autoconfig step, that can cause issues too.

Mr. X 12-16-2008 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gguruusa (Post 582091)
damnit! thought I was in the vogue forum!

yeah, all the diamonds are GPS enabled. Failure of a known good custom rom to boot on a diamond probably just means flashing it again (like TobeyChris said). If you installed anything during an autoconfig step, that can cause issues too.

haha caught yah :P , but yah if its a known working rom id say flash again and be on your way :) and as GGuruUSA said, something installed viy UC can also cause a no boot.

tobeychris 12-16-2008 05:43 PM

I'm confused... did you delete your old post GGuru?

gguruusa 12-16-2008 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobeychris (Post 582232)
I'm confused... did you delete your old post GGuru?

Yes (no reason to leave crap suggestions visible). It didn't leave a stub? It should have. Juggalo immortalized it, anyway.

mailtojeya 12-16-2008 06:41 PM

thanks guys, got into the bootloader and flashed it again. its working fine now. however gps is not working. i went into qpst and changed the gps settings also. its still saying "Fix not available". before flashing it used to lock in 10 secs. dont know what the problem is.

tobeychris 12-16-2008 07:52 PM

I thought I was going crazy.