PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 02:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

vboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Couple of questions regarding ROMs...

Hello everyone,

I have couple of question regarding to ROMs and kitchen...

1. Can I use Touch Pro ROM on Diamond given that the 2 have same hardware specs?
2. What tool do I use to decompile an NBH? I know in Touch we get that Vogue kitchen tools, but what for Diamond?

TIA
Old 11-18-2008, 02:52 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Couple of questions regarding ROMs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vboyz103 View Post
Hello everyone,

1. Can I use Touch Pro ROM on Diamond given that the 2 have same hardware specs?
2. What tool do I use to decompile an NBH? I know in Touch we get that Vogue kitchen tools, but what for Diamond?

TIA
you can use the same tools just rename the line in the vogue.txt line from VOGU to DIAM800 and parts of a pro rom can be used on the diamond not all of it
Old 11-18-2008, 02:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vboyz103 View Post
Hello everyone,

No don't even try. They are not the same hardware specs. The Touch Pro has a keyboard, flash card slot, and flash. These small differences alone account for differences in the rom.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:57 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
you can use the same tools just rename the line in the vogue.txt line from VOGU to DIAM800 and parts of a pro rom can be used on the diamond not all of it
i thought it was RAPHXXX

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 11-18-2008, 03:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

vboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks guys for the responses...i am just asking about Pro ROM only but not going to flash anything

I thought that I could use the vogue tool for diamond but just wanted to confirm.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:19 PM
Almost a VIP

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

If using GF/TC Kitchen 3 might i suggest using the 20757 v3b sys. I think it has virtually no issues as compared to 20931
Old 11-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatom3 View Post
If using GF/TC Kitchen 3 might i suggest using the 20757 v3b sys. I think it has virtually no issues as compared to 20931
Yep that's what i'm using right now, with a few tweaks on T3D to make it work smooth now...also I increase page pool to 24mb and works better.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:59 PM
Almost a VIP

For me 24mb page pool seemed a bit buggier than 16 mb, but either way I think it's leaps and bounds above the stock rom.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Yep, the first thing I do after I unboxed my Diamond was to unlock it and flash to custom rom right away. I can't stand the stock rom for 1 single sec lol.

My Rom is running pretty smooth now after all the tweaking i've done.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development