PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2008, 11:08 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Alltel Stock Rom Get It Here

Still, even with tutorials it is hard... I've been going for over a year and still have a lot of trouble.

Luckily there are great people like cmonex, no2chem, oli and gguru to help us!
Old 10-23-2008, 11:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint pro on alltel
Carrier: alltel

tommy11481 is becoming a great contributor

thanks conflipper and i have manually updated the prl to 40038 and done the *228 which updated it to 30033 and both displayed in the epst i am going to try the 30031 and see what that does. and ever since i got my new smartphone i have been spending plenty of sleepless nights seaching and reading but i still do not know the first thing about building or dumping roms. ok maybe the first thing- it aint easy.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:19 AM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

it just takes time to get it all down. for starters the easist way to build a rom is using PPCKitchen. this is just a check box of programs you want, and then test it out.

Dogguy kitchen can be used for more advance users. it is a great hands on approach to everything. I think ghettofreeryder has a few copy of some kitchen, you can also try and start there.

if you run into any trouble feel free to ask, and i am sure anyone would be happy to help.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

i have found nothing but helpful and kind people so far and i thank everyone who has helped me and i am going to try to get some kitches and do the trial and error thing. i know me and my vogue enjoyed your alltel roms and that made me want to try my hand at making some. i got the general jist of it but i need to work on the oemizer and buildos advanced features.

Last edited by tommy11481; 10-23-2008 at 12:31 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

GTO1988 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to GTO1988 Send a message via MSN to GTO1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by conflipper View Post
try a *228 and option 3, and see if that fix your roaming issue.

Also it takes time to learn it all. the best thing you can do is just for one week straight, no sleep, no bathroom breaks, no nothing, except sit in front of your computer and read has much has possable on this site and on XDA.

then when you feel like you have gone insane read a little more and then you will be ready.

no but XDA-developers is a great site to check out. they have great tutorials on there.
I was testing this rom last night, the problem with *228 Option 3 is at the SPC on this phone is still set to the one sprint left on it, the way alltel OTA works is that the MSL has to be 000000 Not the random lock code that sprint assigns. Now on a side note the roaming indicator is still on but it IS in fact on the alltel network, ghettofreeryder told me last night it may be a Super CID issue in the phone which can be changed, I'm gonna toy with that tonight and see if that fixes the issue.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

yea i got my msl using the method over on xda because get spc would not work and then used qpst to keep it that way.let me know if superciding you phone works. i will try to find a link to change the msl.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=2589206 just make sure you waite the alotted time or it will not work.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:29 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Threadstarter

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

change MSL/SPC to 000000 via QPST service programing and try OTA prl update.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 10-24-2008, 10:05 AM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

got my sprint diamond today, loving it so far, flash to alltel rom, that worked fine, updated prl to 30033, going in to activate it now. I also have everything change over to match my touch in the EPST setting.

So far everything is great and i am loving it. will post later if i find anything.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:13 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Threadstarter

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

let us know it u get stuck on roaming.

also check out tobeychris's kitchen thread new base and sys

87% size reduction

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development