PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2008, 02:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

hempy is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
COD2 on a GF/TC based rom

A thread over at XDA explains how to get the hardware-accelerated version of Aspyr's Call of Duty 2 port running on the Diamond. I'm not going to link to it right now because I'm not sure if their posting of extracted exe's constitutes warez, but anyway...

I can't seem to get the game to run on any rom built with the ghettofreeryder/tobeychris kitchen. I have gotten it to run successfully from the stock Sprint rom, and that's about it. I get an error on any other rom that I've tried (juicy, windsprint, dharvey) that I need 16mb of free memory to run the game, when the memory is obviously available.

Essentially what I'm wondering is what is the difference between the stock rom and those built with the kitchen? Don't the Sprint custom roms need to be built from the stock rom dump? I thought I remembered seeing something about the graphic acceleration chip having 16mb or memory, maybe these custom roms aren't even utilizing the chipset?

I reeeeally want to run a rom better than the stock Sprint rom, but I waste a lot of time playing this game. i really don't know enough about the kitchen to make any sort of conclusions about why it's not running, so I figure I'll come to you guys for help.

I'd be happy to do any sort of testing to figure this out.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: COD2 on a GF/TC based rom

Nothing? Seriously?

Well I've been playing around with different roms, and I finally got something different with Juicy 2.4.1. Instead of the error I usually get, the exe seems to run, but I get no video. I even got sound (with no video) when I ran the exe from the installed folder on my internal storage (before I ran the installation cab on the device after a hard reset).

Anyone have any input?
Old 10-08-2008, 12:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ok, well if I have to figure this out on my own, I will. Maybe I'll donate some money to myself...

What I've tried sofar:

Stock sprint: works flawlessly

Juicy 2.4.1: blank screen, no sound
changing pp has no effect

Mighty stable 1.2: exe runs, blank screen, no sound

Juicy 2.2: 16mb error

Dharvey 1.0: 16mb error

Dharvey 2.0: 16mb error

Windsprint .76: 16mb error

GF/TC 1.05: 16mb error

Essentially I need to figure out what the differences in these roms are. That's where I need HELP. Anyone?

I'll probably just keep testing and posting results.

Last edited by hempy; 10-08-2008 at 01:27 AM.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

coojoe1000 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hempy View Post
Ok, well if I have to figure this out on my own, I will. Maybe I'll donate some money to myself...

What I've tried sofar:

Essentially I need to figure out what the differences in these roms are. That's where I need HELP. Anyone?

Nobody has the game you're using so it's hard to interject an answer for you.

Holy Crap! That's fast.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:48 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

What I've tried sofar:

Sprint Stock: Based on Sprint's ROM.

Everything Else: Based on Ghettofreeryder / Tobeychris Kitchen which uses a Telus base (Yes, even Juicy).

Try flashing the Stock sprint ROM that was uploaded here and see if that will work. If it does, then it's possible for this to work and the problem doesn't lie within the ROM base, but the SYS or OEM packages. If it doesn't.. you have a much bigger problem!
Old 10-08-2008, 09:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
Sprint Stock: Based on Sprint's ROM.

Everything Else: Based on Ghettofreeryder / Tobeychris Kitchen which uses a Telus base (Yes, even Juicy).

Try flashing the Stock sprint ROM that was uploaded here and see if that will work. If it does, then it's possible for this to work and the problem doesn't lie within the ROM base, but the SYS or OEM packages. If it doesn't.. you have a much bigger problem!
That's the rom I've been using (stock sprint from the ppcgeeks ftp).

What I found odd was the fact that there was a difference when trying Juicy2.4.1 and the Mightystable rom, especially in that I almost got it to run from the files on the internal storage left over from installing before a hard reset.

I'm thinking I might have to start learning to cook to get this where I want it.... Is it possible to strip down the stock sprint rom using your kitchen, or does each kitchen have its own base rom? I've never cooked before...

And thanks for the response!
Old 10-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
That's the rom I've been using (stock sprint from the ppcgeeks ftp).

What I found odd was the fact that there was a difference when trying Juicy2.4.1 and the Mightystable rom, especially in that I almost got it to run from the files on the internal storage left over from installing before a hard reset.

I'm thinking I might have to start learning to cook to get this where I want it.... Is it possible to strip down the stock sprint rom using your kitchen, or does each kitchen have its own base rom? I've never cooked before...

And thanks for the response!
.net framework 3.5 is the difference and possible issue. that's what i think.... stab in the dark

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
.net framework 3.5 is the difference and possible issue. that's what i think.... stab in the dark
Sweeeeet. Now that's the kind of stuff I'm looking for! Juicy 2.4 gave me the 16mb error, so now I guess I'll start playing .Net installs.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:12 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Cook a ROM without it, then install from cab

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development