PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2008, 01:53 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How To: Use another carriers HTC on VZW

UPDATE 1/01/10 This thread is now for info only as the *228 opt 3 no longer works to add on another carriers phone and most in tech support are currently unwilling to do a dmd request to add the esn on. This will provide info on how to get the settings right for VZW after you have found your own way to get the esn on .

UPDATE: Since you can now do a self esn provision via *228 option 3 this will let you add the esn/meid on which will display in the system as "unknown" thus not requiring a data plan on touch pro. This obsoletes the need to call tech support for a DMD request.

1) check your esn is it higher than 05401114111 call customer service at 800-922-0204 and ask them to check if it can be activated also ask them to check it in the DMD esn database. If lower read below (6700 only this is just a rough esn range. 6800 and 6900's from other carriers 100% of the time have to be added in)

Verizon does have a lower esn range if the 6700's esn falls below 05401114111 it is not in verizons esn database. Tech support will have to manually add it which is rather difficult to do. It requires persistence and catching the right knowledgeable tech in the right mood pretty much. There is a way for auth agents to force a foreign esn in using a glitch in the system (THIS LOOPHOLE WAS CLOSED IN THE 8/10 EROES PATCH)but this can only be done on a brand new activation (cannot do on esn swaps) but if you ever change phones the phone will have to be added into the esn database by a tech to use it again. However, the latter method would give you a pretty valid arguement to get it added in as they can see that you were using that esn prior on the network and tell them it was changed in error. **Always say you have an alltel phone for greatest chance of success**

***Update*** For those having trouble getting an esn loaded read this post. Please do not pm me asking for help getting your esn added as I have been bombarded with requests use form here if calls to tech support are unsuccessful http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24855

2) Break that spc code. If you have altell disregard as their spc code is 000000 along with vzw.

Put your phone in dm mode its ##diag talk or ##diag# talk on most phones (carrier dependant search the boards here). Press start (left soft key) and plug in usb cord to both phone and pc if you have vista the drivers will auto install. If you have xp you will need to download the diagnostics drivers attached in this post and manually direct the install to where they were downloaded in your pc.

Place your diagnostic port for the phone on com 2 and run the se47 program it will set the spc to all 0's in less than 2 seconds. Press stop and disconnect phone from usb.
*edit se47 will only work on a 6700 not 6800 or 6900 use getspc and qpst to set spc to all 0's
Method here for non sprint 6800's and 6900's that getspc won't work with http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=126

3) *6700 only* supercid phone's bootloader so any carriers rom will take (not necessary if using no id ruu and helmi's wm6.1 with a bootloader 1.00, 1.02, or 2.02 or with the stock no bootloader rom linked in step 4 **6800 & 6900 supercid method http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...light=supercid this is not needed just for info only as you can just use the olipro or imcokeman unlockers**

You will need bitpim (free program http://bitpim.sourceforge.net/ ) and qpst (dont ask for a link. Hint join mobilefiles.com)

Place the phone in dm mode again ##diag talk or your carriers version of it. Load bitpim and select other cdma phone on port 2 and save the nvm_htc file to desktop. Load xvi32 (hex editor) and change the carrier wording ie. VZW__001 or your carrier's wording (will be 8 spaces) to "11111111" (without quotes) and save file. Use qpst and overwrite the nvm_htc with the supercid nvm_htc file.

4) Create a custom rom using helmi's6.1 search here and read up and make sure to pick verizon in carrier spots (assuming phone is superCID unlocked w/ bootloader 1.04, 2.04 & 2.05 or using NoId RUU with bootloader 2.02, 1.00, & 1.02). If you would like a stock vzw WM5 rom this is a link here to one here that will not change your bootloader version and will work on all bootloaders http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread..._aku3_official

Flash rom I recommend using radio 1.43 on verizon so if you go with a helmi 6.1 search for that radio version or pull it from the stock rom link above.

5) Upload prl via ##prl and load off memory card or use active sync to add it to my docs then do ##prl to load it. After prl load dial a *228 option 1 after the esn change has been done on your account. Do a ##eri to update eri the same way as prl update from memory card or active sync on phone then load it off of phone from ##eri. PRL & ERI are attached to bottom of post. FYI the ERI will not load on most phones it has loaded about 10% of the time for me on 6700's all midwest wireless and 1 of 4 Qwest ones and never on a 6800 or 6900.

5) edit data settings to vzw dial ##778 and enter your new msl of 000000

MIP Profile
Number of profiles: 6
Active user profile index: 0
MIP_MODE: Mobile IP Prefered
MIP Reg Retries: 2
MIP Reg Retry: 1750 ms
MIP Pre-Reg Timeout: 0
Mobile Node-HA: Enable
Send A Reg: Disable
Dormant Handoff Opt: Enable

MIP Default Profile
Enable Profile: Enable
NAI: mynumber@vzw3g.com (MDN@vzw3g.com)
DUN NAI: (if entry is there enter MDN@vzw3g.com so you can tether without a tethering package or MDN@dun.vzw3g.com if you want paid tethering))
MN HA SPI Set: Enable
MN HA SPI Value: 12C
MN AAA SPI Set: Enable
MN AAA SPI Value: 0 (requires a "2" here for 6800 and 6900)
Reverse Tunneling: Enable
Home Address: 0.0.0.0
HA Shared Secret: (erase whatever entry is here leave blank)
AAA Shared Secret: (erase whatever entry is here leave blank)
Primary HA Address: 255.255.255.255
Secondary HA Address: 255.255.255.255
DMU Pub Key: 10
MN Authenticator: 0

6) Upload a dmu key

Put phone in dm mode ##diag talk and load bitpim or qpst and load a vzw dmu key into the dmu folder on the phone. **UPDATE** added a public dmu key a few post down (post #4) so u guys that don't have any existing vzw phones can get on the network.** Some 6800's you can only do this with qpst. Highlight the dmu folder and right click and pick add new file and browse to where you saved the 10.key on your pc then load it via qpst or bitpim to phone.

7) when you attempt a internet connection it will write your shared secret keys and if you followed this correctly data should be working. This is only for a non- VZW phone that has never been in use on VZW with working data. If it has it already has the vzw dmu key it needs a dmu reset if data fails assuming the connection profile is correct and data is active on the account.

THESE DATA SETTINGS WILL WORK ON OTHER CARRIERS 6800's and 6900's IF YOU CAN GET A TECH TO LOAD THE ESN OR WAIT FOR OPEN NETWORK LATER ON THIS YEAR. YOU STILL HAVE TO LOAD A VZW DMU KEY AS WELL. Open network will provide no tech support beyond voice and sms for non-native vzw phones. I have switched several sprint 6800's and 6900's over this method works perfectly with full data just use the correct unlockers and roms.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME ABOUT CLONING ESN'S AS THIS IS ILLEGAL AND IS NOT NEEDED TO GET YOUR PHONE ON VERIZON JUST USE THE FORM LINKED ABOVE IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE GETTING THE ESN IN. DO IT THE RIGHT WAY.

These are some pictures of a small fraction of the phones I've converted and I've been known to sell a spare or two to a friend who needed a vzw phone. My wife is getting tired of my pocket pc collection and used an apache the other day for a paperweight

Two sprint 6900's one was TMZ's old phone.

Screen Capture of Sprint 6900 above logged into myaccount to show data 100% working on VZW

Sprint Mogul With Sprint Logo Removed Active on VZW

Many Apache's and Harrier's three VZW native phones the rest showing old carrier badge

Attached Files
File Type: zip SE47.zip (342.2 KB, 692 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip PPC6700_Dignostic_Modem_Driver.zip (42.1 KB, 779 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip xvi32.zip (493.6 KB, 492 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip vzw_eri_4.zip (242 Bytes, 708 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip vzw_prl_51020.zip (3.1 KB, 467 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Getitnowmarketing; 01-01-2010 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Updated the rom links and guide
This post has been thanked 17 times.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: How To: Use another carriers 6700 on VZW

interesting.......who wants to play ginuea pig and confirm? Any Sprint users out there? I know Ive seen a few wanting to change over. Here is your chance to try.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:00 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I will confirm its worked. Have gotten data active on a midwest wireless, cell south , qwest x2 and sprint. I'm an agent so I can get an esn added in if need be though getting the esn if its not in vzw's native database is by far the hardest part.

Last edited by Getitnowmarketing; 03-07-2008 at 04:29 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:03 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

This is a public vzw dmu 10.key. (Only the 10.zip is needed the other file is for background info only) Enjoy data on VZW!!!

For those who would like to understand more how a public dmu key works with the HA & AAA secret keys this is some rather high technical level reading on it. Again this DMU .pdf is for background informational reading and is not required at all to download or read it unless you want to know how/why this works and how network data transmission/authentication works.

Last edited by Getitnowmarketing; 12-13-2008 at 11:21 AM. Reason: updated
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

And what is this for or what doea it do?
Old 03-17-2008, 02:09 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

For step #6 in writeup this is the "secret" for getting data working on another carrier's 6700 on vzw.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff

I am getting a country code error when I try to flash to the verizon rom, I changed the esn, prl, msl, SUPERCID. what should I do?
Old 03-23-2008, 11:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint 6700

Speed996 is a n00b

My ESN is higher than the one that you have posted. When I called Verizon they told me that it was not in the system and they could not activate it. Is it worth trying or again?
Old 03-24-2008, 08:57 AM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartisall View Post
I am getting a country code error when I try to flash to the verizon rom, I changed the esn, prl, msl, SUPERCID. what should I do?
Use the NoID RUU then.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff

I installed the verizon rom changed the esn to a present VW phone, changed the prl, msl to all 0s. However the phone doesn't ring or respond when I call the # linked to the esn? Any ideas??
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion