PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2011, 06:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: VZW

Clipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint network/data issues today?

anybody having issues with sprint's network yesterday/today? i've had problems receiving calls and sending texts with two smartphones and data is slowing to a crawl at 1x/edge type speeds - often giving me a network error.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Sprint network/data issues today?

nothing that bad, in my area (grand rapids, mi) we have been having some issues with a message cannot be sent but it goes through fine the second time it is sent. that just started recently so may be some upgrades are happening to get ready for LTE (wishful thinking.) i know that the issue above has also hit in the bronx area of new york where my buddy lives. i also gave them a call and here they said they are working on the towers but that seems to be a book excuse they have the representatives feed us to make us happy.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:40 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

central pa i had lots of 1x yesterday and few today.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.2; en-us; FROYO X GINGER 2.2.2 Build/FROYO X GINGER 2.2.2) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Data was out in S. Floriduh around mid day today.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Clipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuffClipp knows their stuff

Thanks guys. Yeah, Sprint told me there are network issues for some regions, especially in FL. They're apparently working on them, but didn't give an eta on a resolution or any other details. They need to fix it soon... can't take 50kbps speeds much longer...
Old 06-04-2011, 10:21 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipp View Post
Thanks guys. Yeah, Sprint told me there are network issues for some regions, especially in FL. They're apparently working on them, but didn't give an eta on a resolution or any other details. They need to fix it soon... can't take 50kbps speeds much longer...
lol, ya never herd that one from sprint.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

pinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkbunniz

I was having some text issues earlier, but the error codes i was getting told me it was due to my airrave....which seems to be a consistent thing lately.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:27 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

here in my part of TN i have had lots of issues for the last couple of months with missed calls and then not getting the voicemails till later or when i make a phone call, for some reason I won't get voicemails and text messages until i make a phone call out. I have called sprint numerous times and pretty much all they do is have me pull the battery and then send a profile update then call it a day, about a week ago when i called i said i have had it and they sent me a airwave for free after I told them no I wouldn't give them a good rating on there service of helping to resolve my issue. I knew the airwave wasn't going to work, but it was free so I agreed, they also put in a ticket for me to go to a sprint repair store and they would replace my phone, called the sprint repair store and they said that it was the network and that it wouldn't be fixed till the end of June, but i could come in and they would hard reset the phone for me, said i didn't want that <since i'm rooted and running a gb ROM>, guess I'll call sprint back and complain and ask for a discount on my bill for the crappy network since I'm paying for premium data and can't even get decent 3g.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
here in my part of TN i have had lots of issues for the last couple of months with missed calls and then not getting the voicemails till later or when i make a phone call, for some reason I won't get voicemails and text messages until i make a phone call out. I have called sprint numerous times and pretty much all they do is have me pull the battery and then send a profile update then call it a day, about a week ago when i called i said i have had it and they sent me a airwave for free after I told them no I wouldn't give them a good rating on there service of helping to resolve my issue. I knew the airwave wasn't going to work, but it was free so I agreed, they also put in a ticket for me to go to a sprint repair store and they would replace my phone, called the sprint repair store and they said that it was the network and that it wouldn't be fixed till the end of June, but i could come in and they would hard reset the phone for me, said i didn't want that <since i'm rooted and running a gb ROM>, guess I'll call sprint back and complain and ask for a discount on my bill for the crappy network since I'm paying for premium data and can't even get decent 3g.
For what it's worth, they gladly gave me a $10 credit for the 24hrs that I had issues without me asking for it. Then they asked me to pull the battery and provisioned my phone ha. Oh well. Guess I'll have to wait and see. The area I'm in should not have service issues, so I expected it to be fixed soon.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Sideman7 is becoming a great contributor

3G has been pretty bad in Las Vegas the last few days... Today speeds are below 100 kbps (no 3G)... Fortunately 4G is working despite a weak signal at 5600 kbps...

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion