PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2011, 09:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Sunsparc is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New Sprint policy on cracked screens.

This goes for all devices.

Any device which has a single crack in the lens/LCD/digitizer less than 1 inch long may still be repaired/exchanged at a repair location.

If the device has multiple cracks or the single crack is longer than 1 inch, the device is considered damaged beyond repair and an insurance claim will have to be filed.

From my perspective, this is how it should have been all along. I don't know how many times we ran out of Evo screens at my location because of people dropping their phones.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: New Sprint policy on cracked screens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsparc View Post
This goes for all devices.

Any device which has a single crack in the lens/LCD/digitizer less than 1 inch long may still be repaired/exchanged at a repair location.

If the device has multiple cracks or the single crack is longer than 1 inch, the device is considered damaged beyond repair and an insurance claim will have to be filed.

From my perspective, this is how it should have been all along. I don't know how many times we ran out of Evo screens at my location because of people dropping their phones.

i was told this by a rep but certain stores will still do with multiple or longer... i called ifrst and the first repair center told me no and the 2nd one said no problems and they fixed it without any questions asked... when i asked the repair guy on it he said its something that they are supposed to follow but if your nice and civil toward them and dont lie that they will fix them for you without any troubles still...
Old 02-16-2011, 06:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D™

meansixx is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to meansixx
I'm glad I don't have that problem at my store. I just take it in and they fix it or just give me a new one there at the store. I'm tight with most of the staff.

Sent from my EvO using Tapatalk
Old 02-16-2011, 06:24 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

So having a screen with a smaller screensize is better? lol

% wise would probably be more fair :/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 02-16-2011, 08:46 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

new ehh?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/carrier-di...ep-policy.html

Support - Article

The truth on sprints new TEP program - xda-developers
Old 02-17-2011, 03:36 AM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
What I don't get is if the screen is the only problem, and sprint (or any carrier for that matter, that has the same guideline) replaces screen anyways.....why would it matter if the crack is less or more than an inch? Its not like if you HONESTLY unknowingly or accidentally cracked your device's screen, you can tell the crack not to creep beyond one inch.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 02-17-2011, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

You didn't read those articles, did you?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Dates sir, look at the dates.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yes, I looked at the dates. This policy I'm talking about essentially reverses the policy detailed in the articles you posted.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:06 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsparc View Post
Yes, I looked at the dates. This policy I'm talking about essentially reverses the policy detailed in the articles you posted.
I just took my buddy Yesterday, to get a screen replaced on his EVO... for FREE because he had insurance... the screen was completely spidered... Sprint gave him no issues about Length, Depth, or anything like that in relation to cracks...

so where is this info that you think Sprint cancelled or reversed this newer Policy????

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion