PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2010, 09:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spring

JustusIV is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Who is out of line, sprint or myself.

So several years back i was having issues with fraudulent charges on my account somehow someone kept ordering replacement phones on my account, month after month, and the user had managed to change info on my account etc to some place in new york. After and i am not exaggerating 20+ hour across the months working with sprint. Even changing my telephone number that i had since i was a teenager if finally ending by putting a pin number on my account.

Along the way a few sprint reps said it looked like it was "an inside job" meaning it was a sprint employee had there hand it on it. Anyhow i was completely done with sprint yet they begged me to stay. they said what if we give you "Free data for life" which i have 2 phones. I was still furious but trust me i can be bought. i said sure. Then the very next month they screwed up my bill i called and said once again i am done with you sprint. they said how about we give you half off and your two texting plans. Once again still pissed but i can be bought. So after that all had been peachy for years nice cheap bill because of the incentives they have offered me to stay.

About 1 year ago i wanted to upgrade my phone to a touch pro 2 they said you will have to change planes because i have the fair and flex. well i found out from the nice folks at ppcgeeks that was incorrect information so i talked sprint into hooking up my touch pro 2 with the fair and flex plan. Now once again i am in the same boat i want to upgrade again however i do know that i cannot add the higher end phones to fair and flex plan. I called sprint and said whats my options and they said that they could change my plan and offer me a free month or something but they will not offer me my 35 dollars off my new plan which is how much i am currently receiving off.

I understand sprint is the most competitively priced plans but they offered this to me "for life" and now have made a loop hole to get out of it. I am 100% prepared to walk from sprint at this point, but even trying to look at it from there point of view it seems stupid. My monthly bill right now is 78 dollars(Cheap as hell i know) with a new plan so i can get new phones with a 35 dollar off incentive it would still be around 130ish but now instead of making 50 dollars more a month i am just going to walk and they will never receive a dime from me.

What should i do?

*EDIT*
This is a side note here, i do not feel this is the complain about having to change plan thread. This is a complaint that sprint is taking away an incentive they had offered me "for life" to retain me as a customer.

Last edited by JustusIV; 11-04-2010 at 09:34 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:40 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Who is out of line, sprint or myself.

Well, walk. But you're going to pay way more than that 50$ wherever you choose to go. I realize "for life". But these statements from any company dint usually mean for your human life...but for the life of your car, lease, acceptable wear and tear lifetime, etc.
In that frame, you might consider "life" being the life of your plan, you have the option to keep that plan and continue the discounts. In effect, you are the one opting out of your deal by changing the parameters.

That said, doesn't hurt to try retentions again, maybe you can get a monthly %, might not be full 35 but every little bit counts. In the end it comes down to whether you're really wanting to save money (Sprint is best bet) or make a statement (move on to different carrier and pay more).

It really is a change plan thread, but I agree you're not complaining about having to do so, rather about the effects of doing so. Good luck.

BrennB

Last edited by eenieMINI; 11-04-2010 at 09:44 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:46 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post

That said, doesn't hurt to try detentions again,

but for real though, you had a good thing going, can't expect it last forever.

I'd just keep hammering away and trying.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:14 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

You got a good deal, why change it and pay more?
Old 11-04-2010, 10:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spring
Threadstarter

JustusIV is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

You got a good deal, why change it and pay more?
Just cause i WANT a new phone no other reason.
New toy.
*EDIT*
but thats half the reason why i think its crazy they could be making another 50 dollars a month off me because i want the new toys but it seems like they are just trying to be jerks and taking away an option to get me to pay 85 instead.

Some interesting takes on my situation though.
Thanks

Last edited by JustusIV; 11-04-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:17 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustusIV View Post
but thats half the reason why i think its crazy they could be making another 50 dollars a month off me because i want the new toys but it seems like they are just trying to be jerks and taking away an option to get me to pay 85 instead.
why does anyone do anything? Because they CAN. Sprint has some really strange operating methods.

They won't sell an Evo to an existing customer but instead tell them "you have to wait, we are only selling to new customers" (happened to my boss).

They charge a $10 luxury fee for a phone that every other carrier has a version of (galaxy S)

But they do have lower monthly prices than the other carriers, except T-Mobile.

For my money, an HD2 on T-Mobile on the unlimited $60 a month plan is the best you can get. You have WinMo AND Stable Android 2.2 in all its versions and glory on a 4.3" snapdragon with 1gb ROM for a great price.

But yeah, I'd just keep banging the hammer. Call retentions, call other reps, email HQ, keep plugging.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post

Dang, iPad wants to correct my word choice and I wasn't paying attention.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:49 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

why not add the 27% off your bill every month from the thread a few up on the page... it helps offset costs for sure...

I have "free data" and discounted data on all 4 of my lines... 2 are free, 2 are only $7 or $8(half price)...

Im not on fair and flex though...
Old 11-11-2010, 02:56 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Why not just get the unlimited 69.00 plan and call it a day? If you get a 4g phone they'll add the 10 bucks but you can negotiate that with them. I think 69.00 is less than the " My monthly bill right now is 78 dollars(Cheap as hell i know) " you mention.
Unless I'm not seeing something obvious like you having more than one line of service or something like that.
p.

Everything Data - with Any Mobile, AnytimeSM

Introducing Any Mobile, Anytime, forget about restrictive calling circles. Our Everything Data plans give you unlimited data, messages and calls to any mobile, anytime while on the Sprint Network. That’s access to over 250 million U.S. mobile phones nationwide. Take advantage of unlimited Nationwide messaging, Web surfing, and nights and weekends with nights starting at 7 p.m. Learn More about how our $69.99 plan compares to the competition.
This plan includes
  • <LI _isExtended="true" _uniqueId="e649776302">Any Mobile, Anytime: Unlimited domestic calls from the Sprint network to and from ANY U.S. mobile phone regardless of carrier. Any network, any time. <LI _isExtended="true" _uniqueId="e938782518">Unlimited data on our network: Web surfing, email, BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS), GPS Navigation, Sprint TV and Radio, NASCAR Sprint Cup MobileSM <LI _isExtended="true" _uniqueId="e92506438">Unlimited messaging: Text, pictures and video <LI _isExtended="true" _uniqueId="e271860397">Talk: Night calling and weekends starting at 7 p.m., nationwide long distance and no roaming charges
  • > Learn more about what's included in this plan

Anytime Minutes Monthly Price Additional Anytime Minutes 450 $69.99 45¢/min

Last edited by AZTECHKA; 11-11-2010 at 03:00 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:56 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
Why not just get the unlimited 69.00 plan and call it a day? If you get a 4g phone they'll add the 10 bucks but you can negotiate that with them. I think 69.00 is less than the " My monthly bill right now is 78 dollars(Cheap as hell i know) " you mention.
Unless I'm not seeing something obvious like you having more than one line of service or something like that.
p.

Everything Data - with Any Mobile, AnytimeSM

Introducing Any Mobile, Anytime, forget about restrictive calling circles. Our Everything Data plans give you unlimited data, messages and calls to any mobile, anytime while on the Sprint Network. That’s access to over 250 million U.S. mobile phones nationwide. Take advantage of unlimited Nationwide messaging, Web surfing, and nights and weekends with nights starting at 7 p.m. Learn More about how our $69.99 plan compares to the competition.
This plan includes
  • <LI _isExtended="true" _uniqueId="e649776302">Any Mobile, Anytime: Unlimited domestic calls from the Sprint network to and from ANY U.S. mobile phone regardless of carrier. Any network, any time. <LI _isExtended="true" _uniqueId="e938782518">Unlimited data on our network: Web surfing, email, BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS), GPS Navigation, Sprint TV and Radio, NASCAR Sprint Cup MobileSM <LI _isExtended="true" _uniqueId="e92506438">Unlimited messaging: Text, pictures and video <LI _isExtended="true" _uniqueId="e271860397">Talk: Night calling and weekends starting at 7 p.m., nationwide long distance and no roaming charges
  • > Learn more about what's included in this plan

Anytime Minutes Monthly Price Additional Anytime Minutes 450 $69.99 45¢/min
thats one line the 78 he mentions was for 2 lines

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion