PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2011, 03:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

Flexplorer is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
from TP2, thinking about BB, suggestions, please!

Similar question to Kris443, but not excactly & I did not want to hijack his thread.

I have a TP2, getting tired of winmo freezing - alot. thats a whole thread in itself.

thinking of going BB. I'm on telus so there's a couple to choose from, i think the torch 9800, or the bold 9780 seem to be the best choices, or most powerful. correct me if I'm wrong.

I use my TP2 as a modem with energy rom so it is undetected. can either of these BB do that?

how is the responsiveness of the screen on the torch?

any issues with freezing up or gliches? thanks.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:09 PM
Two-Time Chinaman
Pocket PC: HTC Inspire 4G
Carrier: AT&T

PriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to PriYankee
Re: from TP2, thinking about BB, suggestions, please!

Blackberry's are awesome phones & you've chosen 2 great models. I used a Bold 9700 myself & i love my phone. I know alot of people who use the torch & absolutely love it as well. The touchscreen is quick & a great option.

Like all phones your Blackberry will freeze up from time to time, especially if your havent rebooted it in a while & installed alot of new software/apps.

As far as modems go, heres a great article to help you out.
[User] HOWTO: Use BlackBerry As Modem For Laptop! - BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Hope this helps!
Old 01-17-2011, 05:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

Flexplorer is just getting started

very helpful. thanks.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:47 PM
Two-Time Chinaman

PriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIP

No Problem, Good luck on your phone search!
Old 01-19-2011, 06:30 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yeah i have a tp2 too but reverted back to a bb tour after 6 months. don't get me wrong, the tp2 is a great device, but the bb just made me do things i needed to do faster (at least imo). the only think i hate...is the boot time. because it does take a while for bb's to boot up. but your choices of bb's are the best.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 01-20-2011, 12:55 AM
Two-Time Chinaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post
yeah i have a tp2 too but reverted back to a bb tour after 6 months. don't get me wrong, the tp2 is a great device, but the bb just made me do things i needed to do faster (at least imo). the only think i hate...is the boot time. because it does take a while for bb's to boot up. but your choices of bb's are the best.
Thats true, I hate the boot time on my Bold too. They take FOREVERRRR lol
But thats about the only crappy thing
Old 01-20-2011, 01:35 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

OP Why not flash to a more stripped down rom and you won't loose anything and everything will work faster. Energy's roms are not the fastest (in my opinion) because they are usually pretty loaded.

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry