PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Blackberry (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   from TP2, thinking about BB, suggestions, please! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139820)

Flexplorer 01-17-2011 03:56 PM

from TP2, thinking about BB, suggestions, please!

Similar question to Kris443, but not excactly & I did not want to hijack his thread.

I have a TP2, getting tired of winmo freezing - alot. thats a whole thread in itself.

thinking of going BB. I'm on telus so there's a couple to choose from, i think the torch 9800, or the bold 9780 seem to be the best choices, or most powerful. correct me if I'm wrong.

I use my TP2 as a modem with energy rom so it is undetected. can either of these BB do that?

how is the responsiveness of the screen on the torch?

any issues with freezing up or gliches? thanks.

PriYankee 01-17-2011 04:09 PM

Re: from TP2, thinking about BB, suggestions, please!

Blackberry's are awesome phones & you've chosen 2 great models. I used a Bold 9700 myself & i love my phone. I know alot of people who use the torch & absolutely love it as well. The touchscreen is quick & a great option.

Like all phones your Blackberry will freeze up from time to time, especially if your havent rebooted it in a while & installed alot of new software/apps.

As far as modems go, heres a great article to help you out.
[User] HOWTO: Use BlackBerry As Modem For Laptop! - BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Hope this helps! :)

Flexplorer 01-17-2011 05:38 PM

very helpful. thanks.

PriYankee 01-17-2011 05:47 PM

No Problem, Good luck on your phone search! :)

Mojary 01-19-2011 06:30 PM

yeah i have a tp2 too but reverted back to a bb tour after 6 months. don't get me wrong, the tp2 is a great device, but the bb just made me do things i needed to do faster (at least imo). the only think i hate...is the boot time. because it does take a while for bb's to boot up. but your choices of bb's are the best.

PriYankee 01-20-2011 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojary (Post 2040380)
yeah i have a tp2 too but reverted back to a bb tour after 6 months. don't get me wrong, the tp2 is a great device, but the bb just made me do things i needed to do faster (at least imo). the only think i hate...is the boot time. because it does take a while for bb's to boot up. but your choices of bb's are the best.

Thats true, I hate the boot time on my Bold too. They take FOREVERRRR lol
But thats about the only crappy thing

horndoctor 01-20-2011 01:35 AM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

OP Why not flash to a more stripped down rom and you won't loose anything and everything will work faster. Energy's roms are not the fastest (in my opinion) because they are usually pretty loaded.