PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 02:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[REQUEST] Looking for any and all help/advice...to try porting weather home to VGA

Okay so I'm a graphic designer, I know what I'm doing with graphics and can edit those and resize whatever I need to. I'm at work and when I get home I'm going to download the latest package of Sense 2.1 (http://htcpedia.com/forum/showthread...manila+package <haven't downloaded it yet but that seems to be the one) and open it up, basically going in blind. I was wondering if I can get any advice on what needs to be done with these graphics OTHER than just resizing them, any and all advice and information would be great as I have searched high and low for more in depth info but haven't found any. I've never touched mode 9 or anything to do with manila editing other than images, but I'm wicked smaht so I feel like I can do it.

Last edited by JQuill; 10-23-2009 at 02:32 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Re: [REQUEST] Looking for any and all help/advice...to try porting weather home to VG

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuill View Post
Okay so I'm a graphic designer, I know what I'm doing with graphics and can edit those and resize whatever I need to. I'm at work and when I get home I'm going to download the latest package of Sense 2.1 (http://htcpedia.com/forum/showthread...manila+package <haven't downloaded it yet but that seems to be the one) and open it up, basically going in blind. I was wondering if I can get any advice on what needs to be done with these graphics OTHER than just resizing them, any and all advice and information would be great as I have searched high and low for more in depth info but haven't found any. I've never touched mode 9 or anything to do with manila editing other than images, but I'm wicked smaht so I feel like I can do it.
Manila porting does not involve re-sizing graphic files at all. It is all decompiling .lua code and change the position/size of graphics in the code. Then you re-compile it. It's not easy since you have to do a lot of manual decomiling from what I gather.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff
Re: [REQUEST] Looking for any and all help/advice...to try porting weather home to VG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Manila porting does not involve re-sizing graphic files at all. It is all decompiling .lua code and change the position/size of graphics in the code. Then you re-compile it. It's not easy since you have to do a lot of manual decomiling from what I gather.
Makes sense. Maybe I wasn't clear, I was expecting to have to resize the graphics in code rather than in photoshop which is why I asked so thank you. I'm pretty fluent with JavaScript, HTML, CSS, & PHP, and know a little bit of Java and AS3. I'm just trying to learn which programs to use and what language I'll be editing in, there seems to be no "go to" spot for that info so I've asked a couple peolpe and made this thread, all info is appreciated.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:07 PM
VIP Member

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Makes sense. Maybe I wasn't clear, I was expecting to have to resize the graphics in code rather than in photoshop which is why I asked so thank you. I'm pretty fluent with JavaScript, HTML, CSS, & PHP, and know a little bit of Java and AS3. I'm just trying to learn which programs to use and what language I'll be editing in, there seems to be no "go to" spot for that info so I've asked a couple peolpe and made this thread, all info is appreciated.
Ok, I'm glad you knew what to expect...sorry I misunderstood . You can find quite a bit of info at XDA. HERE's a good thread to start. 12aon is very knowledgeable. sztupy also started/developed many of the tools to decompile manila lua files. His website is here. He put together a tutorial here. Good luck!
Old 10-24-2009, 12:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Apparently a lot of talented people have tried to do this and Juggalo_X said to me in a PM that it's "just not possible" so I'm sure I'll be driving myself crazy for no reason lol.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:48 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Apparently a lot of talented people have tried to do this and Juggalo_X said to me in a PM that it's "just not possible" so I'm sure I'll be driving myself crazy for no reason lol.
It's certainly possible if you have the know-how. yoztag has ported a manila 2.1 that has the weather on the home tab to VGA. He hasn't released it because of a problem with the text message ordering that he hasn't been able to solve.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

kaede132 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaede132 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaede132 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaede132 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

it's definately possible. the problem with porting from wvga to vga is often times, you have to make sacrifices to fit things into a vga screen. for the port i'm working on, i had to get rid of the top bar to make room for the weather clock. landscape is another mess altogether.

you must really familarize yourself with the know-how's of decompiling/editing/recompiling lua scripts. for me, the tough part is having to reconstruct parts of the code that failed to decompile properly by looking at the disassembly code and trying to make sense of it all. the actual process to change values and logic to make everything fit a vga screen is mostly trial and error.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc Touch Pro

khaney is just getting started

Quote:
If you just want to add the weather icons, temp, high, low, and city, just flash indagroove's Sense 2.5 ROM

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96393

I wanted to add weather to the home tab page, as well, but it's all done for you if you have a CDMA TouchPro and flash his new ROM.

Just trying to find a way to add back in a call history tab or call history on the home screen. Great ROM, hope it's what you're looking for.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks