PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 01:55 AM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Phoenix 2" 23541/21892 ★Feb 26★ Sense 2.1/Titanium ★

Welcome to my kitchen!

Here's what's on the menu today...

Today I'm serving up an HTC Touch Pro 2 CDMA ROM, based on Windows Mobile 6.5. The current build number and date can be seen in the title of the thread.

I build my ROMs with four main goals.
  • Eye candy
  • Speed !!!
  • Smoothness, consistency and good aesthetics
  • Stability through private beta testing before public release

I preconfigure a lot of things in my ROM, because when I flash it on my phone, I want it ready to go, how I'd want it. So, expect the backlight to be set at the maximum brightness, the ringtone, sms/email and other notifications to already be set. Doing it this way, makes for a nice ROM that's ready out of the 'box'.

You will find a new ROM posted here every few days, as I always update them with the latest "ingredients" that come down the pipe, from either Microsoft or HTC. Because of that, I recommend learning to backup your settings with either Sashimi or UC (User Customization). I also provide an example script to use to save your email settings in one of the posts below.

I usually make a few versions of the ROM, depending on demand.

Here are the different versions that I currently make and what their descriptions mean.

• "Sense2.1" includes the standard Sense/Manila/TF3D interface along with the standard Windows Mobile 6.5 today plugin called Titanium

• "Titanium" only includes the Titanium today plugin, which is the default Windows Mobile 6.5 homescreen interface. No Manila (TF3D) in this version.

You will find TWO core versions of my ROM.

• The 21892 Build is from the OEM COM2 Tree and is the most reliable and bug free release. I recommend you start with this first!

And...

• The 23541 Build that's the latest in the 6.5.5 series with the Start/Close buttons at the bottom. These builds are not as stable but they reflect the latest cutting edge technology from Microsoft.

You can "follow me" on Twitter for
the latest updates!

Latest twitter status

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR

Last edited by NRGZ28; 04-03-2010 at 03:03 AM.
This post has been thanked 89 times.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:57 AM
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Re: |RHOD|6.5|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Genesis" (23016) ★ SOON ★ Weatherclock Manila 2.1

Changelog

February 26th, 2010 (Latest release):

• Build 23541 added to the mix!
  • HSDPA/HSUPA back in "Advanced Network" control applet
  • Some settings shortcuts in Settings\System optimized. Won't see them in the "all programs" list anymore
  • BsB tweaks icon blue and nag removed
  • RSS Hub updated to 2_1_2_1109_01
  • New version of Arkswitch in 23541 ROMs
  • Added nicely skinned TCPMPv2
  • Added Office 2010
  • New startup sound
  • Switched to 7zip compression for the ROM releases, so get 7zip or a newer version WinRAR to unpack them!

February 17th, 2010:

• Build 21892 updated
  • Google Maps 4.0
  • Updated MyPhone app
  • InCall Recorder back in
  • STK and SIM Manager issues resolved
  • Opera 9.7.35541 cooked in with adblocking
  • Energy 2008 is the default theme now, for a while.. I'm feeling nostalgic
  • And last but not least, some Leo 2.07 packages incorporated
  • Fixed MMS problem

February 4th, 2010:

• Builds 21891 and 23519 uploaded
  • Brand new, the freshest available, 2011 packages throughout the whole ROM
  • Facebook updated
  • Facebook engine updated
  • Removed Tweaks folder, merged some apps back in Tools folder
  • Removed Widgets folder, merged Twitter widget in Internet folder
  • Updated ROM theme with glossy bars
  • More RAM available (lowered pagepool)
  • Opera startup issues (no menu buttons) fixed
  • Phone should not go to Today after sleep anymore and stay where you left it
  • Added TD2 tools configuration app
  • Moved "Marketplace" to Internet folder
  • Blank space at the top of Sense when using custom wallpapers fixed
  • So much more...
  • Think of this as a brand new ROM, as all the packages in it have been freshened up

----------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by NRGZ28; 02-26-2010 at 03:53 PM.
This post has been thanked 24 times.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:57 AM
Threadstarter

Re: |RHOD|6.5|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Genesis" (23016) ★ SOON ★ Weatherclock Manila 2.1

Pictures of the ROM

SCREENSHOTS OF THE 6.5.1 build.

Last edited by NRGZ28; 01-17-2010 at 05:32 AM.
This post has been thanked 37 times.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:58 AM
Threadstarter

More info will go here...

Last edited by NRGZ28; 11-25-2009 at 01:54 PM.
This post has been thanked 24 times.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Fronc is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Fronc
Re: |WRHOD|6.5.1|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Photon" (23071/21864) ★ Weatherclock Manila 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace10134 View Post
All the fixes from the FAQ: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=4422331&postcount=6

Of course, the Flashing Guides only apply to GSM Touch Pro 2's.

Keyboard Fix
We need someone with the stock Verizon ROM to dump the settings required for the keyboard. We will need info like this...
  • \Windows directory: "eT9.Rhodium.Verizon_US.kmap.txt (Or whatever it's named on your phone)
  • Registries: Dump the entire contents of this path.
    • HKLM\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\KEYBD
    • HKLM\Software\Tegic\eT9\IME\KeyboardLayouFiles
Once we get that, we should be able to fix the keyboard, since it probably won't be mapped properly to the Verizon layout.

MMS Fix
Someone go into ArcSoft MMS and look up the current MMS Server settings. Post the entire settings here so I can make a special Verizon CAB for when you flash.

And yea, LOL, NRG does not equal Wingster I just help out a lot, and you'll probably see me posting frequently here, with fixes and all. But, lets do these few things before HardSPL comes out, and then hopefully everyone will have a seamless transition!!
Here you go..
Let me know if I missed something.

EDIT: There was nothing in the Keyboard Layout Files dir. in the registry. I may have missed something, but couldn't find anything to export.
Attached Files
File Type: txt eT9.Rhodium.VERIZON_WWE.kmap.txt (4.2 KB, 121 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip kb.reg.zip (1.0 KB, 85 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

ace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
FAQ - EnergyROM Photon

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

Flashing Guide: A Pictorial Tutorial!

More Info on the ROM's and the Versions: http://thewingster.com/NRGZ28CDMA.aspx

Keyboard Symbols Don't Work / Home Key opens Start Menu!! / Button Mappings!
  • Verizon - Install THIS CAB and Restart the phone! (Thanks Fronc for the ROM dump info)
  • Sprint/Telus - Install THIS CAB, and Restart your phone! (Thanks to banzaiwolfe for the ROM dump info)
MMS Fix(CityID) Provisioning Network Selector appears after every Soft Reset! - If you do this before selecting anything in the Provisioning, then City ID will work
  1. Open File Explorer (Start -> Tools -> File Explorer)
  2. Navigate to \Windows\StartUp, and delete Provisioning.lnk!
Opera Mobile Fixes
  • Make Opera Mobile default: DOWNLOAD
  • Enable auto-rotation with the G-Sensor for Opera: DOWNLOAD
Time Zone Issues
  1. Go to Start -> Settings -> Clocks & Alarms
  2. Set the time zone to whatever you need!
Notification Light blinks to infinity!!!
  1. Install THIS CAB first
  2. And then go into Start -> Settings -> Sounds & Notifications -> Notifications (tab), and now you can set the notification light options!!
1% Battery Driver - Sprint l Verizon

ActiveSync Issues (6.5.1 Version)
  1. Go to Start -> Settings -> Connections -> USB to PC
  2. Uncheck the last, "Ask me first about USB...." box
  3. Make sure the "ActiveSync (Sync with Outlook)" bubble is filled in.
  4. You may need to restart the phone for ActiveSync to start working)
GPS Doesn't Connect
After flashing any ROM, GPS can take a while to lock for the first time.

Enable AGPS to assist it: Start -> Utilities -> Tweaks -> Advanced Config, scroll down to and click GPS, then click on Assisted GPS, and using the drop-down menu at the bottom, Enable it. Do the Soft Reset when it prompts you to, and then your GPS should fix faster!

Also, make sure to use the HTC GPSTool, found in Start -> GPS. That will help the GPS to lock faster.

Once you do that, open Google Maps (Or your GPS program), go to Menu -> Use GPS (check the option), and then let your phone sit for 10 minutes or so. Remember, GPS doesn't work well in big buildings. Enjoy!

Marketplace doesn't work (Sprint) - Just install THIS CAB! (Restart may be required) (Thanks BrownHornet!)

Stock Applications

Last edited by ace10134; 12-19-2009 at 07:52 PM.
This post has been thanked 16 times.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Re: |CRP|6.5.1|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Photon" (23081/21864) ★ Weatherclock Manila 2.1

So I was able to flash, and now I'm stuck at the EnergyROM screen (post-customization) and my phone will not respond. I'll pop the battery and see what happens on boot. May need to hard-reset.

Do we have a Verizon carrier cab yet? Maybe someone can couple the arcsoft MMS app with the keyboard fix and it can be an all-in-one ?

Edit: After a couple boots, it finally loaded up. Dreadful boot-up time. now it says "Setting up device... Please Wait" with a progress bar.

Last edited by Fronc; 10-30-2009 at 02:57 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:42 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level
Re: |CRP|6.5.1|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Photon" (23081/21864) ★ Weatherclock Manila 2.1

this thread has gotten a nice scrub down in anticipation for hspl release night

Old 10-30-2009, 03:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ya kinda removed my legitimate troubleshooting post though, Mike..

The rom took three soft-resets before it would even get to load the windows toolbar, and then I cleared storage because Customization never ran. Then I tried to boot up again, and on the second boot customizations ran. Kept freezing up at the screen where "EnergyROM" is in the bottom left.

Also, I think my request was legitimate in asking for an Arcsoft/Keyboard package fix. Is this a possibility?

Thanks!
Old 10-30-2009, 03:58 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronc View Post
Ya kinda removed my legitimate troubleshooting post though, Mike..

The rom took three soft-resets before it would even get to load the windows toolbar, and then I cleared storage because Customization never ran. Then I tried to boot up again, and on the second boot customizations ran. Kept freezing up at the screen where "EnergyROM" is in the bottom left.

Also, I think my request was legitimate in asking for an Arcsoft/Keyboard package fix. Is this a possibility?

Thanks!
I'm sorry sir

Let me try and ... dig out your posts for you
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development