PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2009, 01:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ElAguila is keeping up the good workElAguila is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WM 6.5 memory usage

Well I just flashed my mogul to WM 6.5 using a very basic build with minimal addins. Unfortunately after running CleanRam level 2 I only have 6MB of ram available. So I guess it is back to 6.1 for now.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG enV Touch
Carrier: Verizon

thvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to thvoicwethin Send a message via Skype™ to thvoicwethin
Re: WM 6.5 memory usage

have you tried using high mem mode in the settings-->kernel....

that will give you the boost, but disables the camera.

Commander of the Non-Data Users Team.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I use the camera so I don't want to disable it. Any idea how much ram the widgets use? I am going to try another flash without titanium and without the widgets and see how that does. It had very little oem selections. Using the same oem selections with 6.1 i have 22MB available on first boot.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker

thvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to thvoicwethin Send a message via Skype™ to thvoicwethin

With the clean 21501 RC ROM (by Tplane37) I have mirrored the ROM on the upgrade section for the mogul. It's a completley clean and basic with titanium...I'm using a 2.5mb dialer, WM7 Style Titanium Widgets, and still have 22mb free.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Is it possible I am getting a bad reading? When I don't add any oem's at all, I only have 8MB available after running cleanram.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker

use htc or another task manager, kill all of your programs. Run cleanram, check. you wont get much mbs
Old 04-30-2009, 09:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

There was no other applications running other than activesync and I killed it.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:03 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAguila View Post
Well I just flashed my mogul to WM 6.5 using a very basic build with minimal addins. Unfortunately after running CleanRam level 2 I only have 6MB of ram available. So I guess it is back to 6.1 for now.
Your using a Kitchen built ROM? For some reason the Kitchen builds are terrible on memory. Try flashing the RC1 ROM, then add apps using cabs and see the difference.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: cricKet

nFiniti is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to nFiniti Send a message via MSN to nFiniti Send a message via Yahoo to nFiniti

I can soft reset my phone and start with 18mb left, thats with all my stuff installed to make the phone fun to me... If I start texting someone, or browsing the web, err try to browse the web, I get a pop up claiming low memory. And I'm on High Memory Mode since I don't use the camera that much. I really don't like having to continue running oxios and memmaid to keep things running smooth. Isn't there an easier way to keep the system running clean? A way to get oxios to restart itself automatically like every minute minus its pop up or something? I don't care to have temp internet files. And I have a 2gb SD card which will be upgraded soon to a 32gb.

~Joshua A. Gray
Old 05-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nFiniti View Post
I can soft reset my phone and start with 18mb left, thats with all my stuff installed to make the phone fun to me... If I start texting someone, or browsing the web, err try to browse the web, I get a pop up claiming low memory. And I'm on High Memory Mode since I don't use the camera that much. I really don't like having to continue running oxios and memmaid to keep things running smooth. Isn't there an easier way to keep the system running clean? A way to get oxios to restart itself automatically like every minute minus its pop up or something? I don't care to have temp internet files. And I have a 2gb SD card which will be upgraded soon to a 32gb.
In addition to Oxios Hibernate, I have SKTools Shadow Service running in the background to recover RAM. Everytime a program closes, it tries to recover RAM like Hibernate does. I've got CallFirewall running all day and memory settles at about 15 MB, however sometimes it goes as low as 6 MB in high memory mode. Check what processes are running in the background.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development