PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Titan Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   WM 6.5 memory usage (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=66999)

ElAguila 04-30-2009 01:58 PM

WM 6.5 memory usage

Well I just flashed my mogul to WM 6.5 using a very basic build with minimal addins. Unfortunately after running CleanRam level 2 I only have 6MB of ram available. So I guess it is back to 6.1 for now.

thvoicwethin 04-30-2009 03:32 PM

Re: WM 6.5 memory usage

have you tried using high mem mode in the settings-->kernel....

that will give you the boost, but disables the camera.

ElAguila 04-30-2009 04:20 PM

I use the camera so I don't want to disable it. Any idea how much ram the widgets use? I am going to try another flash without titanium and without the widgets and see how that does. It had very little oem selections. Using the same oem selections with 6.1 i have 22MB available on first boot.

thvoicwethin 04-30-2009 05:14 PM

With the clean 21501 RC ROM (by Tplane37) I have mirrored the ROM on the upgrade section for the mogul. It's a completley clean and basic with titanium...I'm using a 2.5mb dialer, WM7 Style Titanium Widgets, and still have 22mb free.

ElAguila 04-30-2009 06:08 PM

Is it possible I am getting a bad reading? When I don't add any oem's at all, I only have 8MB available after running cleanram.

thvoicwethin 04-30-2009 08:46 PM

use htc or another task manager, kill all of your programs. Run cleanram, check. you wont get much mbs

ElAguila 04-30-2009 09:11 PM

There was no other applications running other than activesync and I killed it.

demonlordoftheround 05-04-2009 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElAguila (Post 886962)
Well I just flashed my mogul to WM 6.5 using a very basic build with minimal addins. Unfortunately after running CleanRam level 2 I only have 6MB of ram available. So I guess it is back to 6.1 for now.

Your using a Kitchen built ROM? For some reason the Kitchen builds are terrible on memory. Try flashing the RC1 ROM, then add apps using cabs and see the difference.

nFiniti 05-06-2009 05:03 AM

I can soft reset my phone and start with 18mb left, thats with all my stuff installed to make the phone fun to me... If I start texting someone, or browsing the web, err try to browse the web, I get a pop up claiming low memory. And I'm on High Memory Mode since I don't use the camera that much. I really don't like having to continue running oxios and memmaid to keep things running smooth. Isn't there an easier way to keep the system running clean? A way to get oxios to restart itself automatically like every minute minus its pop up or something? I don't care to have temp internet files. And I have a 2gb SD card which will be upgraded soon to a 32gb.

demonlordoftheround 05-06-2009 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nFiniti (Post 898609)
I can soft reset my phone and start with 18mb left, thats with all my stuff installed to make the phone fun to me... If I start texting someone, or browsing the web, err try to browse the web, I get a pop up claiming low memory. And I'm on High Memory Mode since I don't use the camera that much. I really don't like having to continue running oxios and memmaid to keep things running smooth. Isn't there an easier way to keep the system running clean? A way to get oxios to restart itself automatically like every minute minus its pop up or something? I don't care to have temp internet files. And I have a 2gb SD card which will be upgraded soon to a 32gb.

In addition to Oxios Hibernate, I have SKTools Shadow Service running in the background to recover RAM. Everytime a program closes, it tries to recover RAM like Hibernate does. I've got CallFirewall running all day and memory settles at about 15 MB, however sometimes it goes as low as 6 MB in high memory mode. Check what processes are running in the background.