PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Touch HD

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 04:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WTF @ flashing roms...starting to make me regret ever getting this phone

This is starting to piss me off...Ive already flashed my phone and its fine. Finally after searching for 3 hours to find a verizon rom that has been grouped together with all the other CDMA roms I am stuck...I downloaded the ruu and its on my destop. I downloaded the rom and its still in my download section. I keep seeing directions that say the following

3.then in the newly created RUU directory add the rom of your choice - (copy the RUU_Signed.nbh to desktop\RUU)

but everytime I open the custom rom file it tries to connect to my phone... am I supposed to copy the RUU to my phone and THEN run the custom rom?!

DavidinCT "I was going to say something like......So I bumped into your girl and noticed the cheeze...then she said she was happy to find a real man....but, I just cant"
Old 04-05-2009, 04:40 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: WTF @ flashing roms...starting to make me regret ever getting this phone

could you please change your phone info?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Let the EVO-lution Begin!!
Carrier: Sprint

southphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuffsouthphillysean knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to southphillysean Send a message via Yahoo to southphillysean

what Phone do you have? can't help without that info
Old 04-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff

done.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond - FuFu 4.5.3
Carrier: Alltel

highlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapondrift View Post
This is starting to piss me off...Ive already flashed my phone and its fine. Finally after searching for 3 hours to find a verizon rom that has been grouped together with all the other CDMA roms I am stuck...I downloaded the ruu and its on my destop. I downloaded the rom and its still in my download section. I keep seeing directions that say the following

3.then in the newly created RUU directory add the rom of your choice - (copy the RUU_Signed.nbh to desktop\RUU)

but everytime I open the custom rom file it tries to connect to my phone... am I supposed to copy the RUU to my phone and THEN run the custom rom?!
So you have the folder RUU on your desktop. Go to your downloads and copy the .nbh file you downloaded into the RUU folder, click Custom_RUU.exe and let it do its thing.

Is the ROM you downloaded trying to connect to the phone? It might be a .exe and not a .nbh, if that is the case don't even mess with the RUU folder just click on the rom.exe in your downloads and let it update.

If I helped, give me a thanks!

Old 04-05-2009, 04:54 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

this is the hd forum.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife22 View Post
So you have the folder RUU on your desktop. Go to your downloads and copy the .nbh file you downloaded into the RUU folder, click Custom_RUU.exe and let it do its thing.
Is the ROM you downloaded trying to connect to the phone? It might be a .exe and not a .nbh, if that is the case don't even mess with the RUU folder just click on the rom.exe in your downloads and let it update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
this is the hd forum.
thats the thing I dont see an .nbh folder...is that the ruu that I downloaded or the rom that I downloaded? when I open the custom rom it goes straight to winrar and starts extracting and saying for me to connect to my phone

ok. so your saying DONT do anything with the ruu and just let it download on my phone is that correct?

Sorry for posting in wrong thread :<
Old 04-07-2009, 12:42 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G
Carrier: Sprint

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

Well since the problem is probably solved, this is the HD thread. And since you also have a Verizon device, you have posted in the forum of a GSM device. Thread closed.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Touch HD