PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 07:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

sd_wireless is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No data on XV6800

Ok, things have gotten worse, and I have started a thread at xda-developers.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=496614

Please feel free to post here or there, and I appreciate any and all suggestions.

I have an XV6800 that was originally a Qwest phone. I have flashed it with the official Verizon ROM and it works fine on their voice system, and WiFi works as well.

However, I cannot get it on the Verizon data network. Every time I try to connect to the data network I get the following error:
Data Call Failure
Error Code: 4
Network Authentication Failed.

I have contacted Verizon and they tell me that I am on my own in getting this phone to work on the data network.

Thers are the things I have tried that did not help:
* A DMU Reset (or least tech support told me they did one)
* Forced a CDMA only connection to download new keys (http://ppcgeeks.com/forum.ppcgeeks/s...&postcount=310)
* Switched from pay as you go data to unlimited data (for one day to test)

I'd really like to get this phone onto the digital network and would appreciate any help that anyone could offer.

**EDIT**
Now I'm really screwed. I swapped the number off the PDA and back to my old phone, and tried to get my wife's number onto the PDA. One of the threads I saw said activating the PDA with a different number and swapping it back to the original number sometimes works to get data going.

Now, I can't get the PDA onto the Verizon network, regardless of which number I use. I've tried my wife's number and I've tried the number I was using on the PDA for the last three weeks. When I call *228 and use option #3 it consistently fails.

Tech support is no help whatsoever. They are shocked that I was able to activate this Qwest phone (even with the Verizon ROM) and say they can't help me, at all.

**EDIT 2**
I am so freaking angry with Verizon. I just got off the phone with them and they are telling me that the data plan never went onto this number. If I had known that I would have never proceeded to the next step, switching the numbers around.

Last edited by sd_wireless; 03-22-2009 at 11:18 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

DaveAz is a n00b
Re: No data on XV6800

Try loading a carrier cab from dcd

http://dcd1182.n715dp.com/index.php?dir=carriers%2F
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sd_wireless is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveAz View Post
Try loading a carrier cab from dcd

http://dcd1182.n715dp.com/index.php?dir=carriers%2F
Since I am using standard Verizon ROM do I need to install the carrier cab?
Old 03-22-2009, 09:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG enV Touch

thvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to thvoicwethin Send a message via Skype™ to thvoicwethin

download, transfer to your phones file system (my documents). Go into file explorer, and run it.

I'm having the same problem, except mine is for alltel. It, too was a Qwest phone.

Commander of the Non-Data Users Team.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv-6800
Carrier: Cricket

DenverDev is a n00b

A) I am no expert but have been doing a huge amount of research, in general, and these are my thoughts....take them with a grain of salt and keep searching....
B) If you flashed a carrier specific Verizon Rom, the carrier cab and at least a base prl should have been included when cooked in the kitchen...
C) If justthe data wont work, I am thinking that you may have to re-authenticate your device for data. Unfortunately I only know how to do this for Cricket (get into the epst settings and then security, verify the number@somethingaboutverizon and whatever the verizon password is...for both (4 total fields)......but as I said this is all I know..

HTH
Old 03-25-2009, 09:55 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sd_wireless is a n00b

The ROM is the stock Verizon ROM from PDCPhones http://www.pcdphones.com/phone_downloads.aspx?bid=89&cid=1&mid=287&carrier= Verizon%20Wireless#.

After I flash it I still have to manually install the PRL. I thought that odd, but if I don't I just recording saying "Your account is not authorized to make calls to this phone number..."

At this point I can dial *228, but when I try to activate the phone with option three it apologizes and sends me to tech support, who won't help. At this point I'm starting to wonder if they have blocked OTA on my account. It's hard for me to me to come up with any other explanation as I've repeated the steps that got me on voice network in the first place and they aren't working now.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv-6800
Carrier: Cricket

DenverDev is a n00b

Wish you the best....the above are the only ideas i can think of.....ill do some searching to see what i can come up with also......
Old 03-26-2009, 08:13 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sd_wireless is a n00b

Thanks. Please do let me know if you come up with anything. Frankly, I'm starting to wonder if they haven't put a lock on my account so I can't do OTA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverDev View Post
Wish you the best....the above are the only ideas i can think of.....ill do some searching to see what i can come up with also......
Old 03-26-2009, 08:33 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Just call tech support and tell them you did a hard reset and need the phone re added to the system. I have done it many many times.

I also recommend to downgrade the phone to pregps rom then go back to MR1 gps rom. Look here for downgrading instructions. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21161 After Downgrading simply install MR1

Last edited by drewcam888; 03-26-2009 at 09:21 AM.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:15 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sd_wireless is a n00b

Thanks. I'll try the downgrade and then upgrade. Every time I work with tech support they ask for the ESN. When I give it to them they say it is unrecognized by their system and that they cannot activate the phone. If anyone can tell me the magic words to get them to activate it when they can't find the ESN in their system I would be happy to use them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
Just call tech support and tell them you did a hard reset and need the phone re added to the system. I have done it many many times.

I also recommend to downgrade the phone to pregps rom then go back to MR1 gps rom. Look here for downgrading instructions. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21161 After Downgrading simply install MR1

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development