PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Applications

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2007, 02:56 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WM6 Sytstem Icons for WM5 (Update 5/19)

Here are the main system icons from the WM6 rom that can be run on WM5

Update:

Added...

browsres.dll is for your (internet explorer)
outres.dll is for your (tmail)
syncres.dll is for your (Active sync)

I replace these files ONE AT A TIME and then restart. Sometimes more than 1 restart is required before the system "acts normal" so try multiple resets first! Always have a backup as we will not be held responsible! This could freeze your device (no permanent damage, but a hard-reset may be required to fix).

Directions:

- Make sure your device is Application Unlocked! (thanks for pointing out cgibin!) --> Read Here

- Turn off auto-lock (on device startup)

- Copy shellres.dll to your device via ActiveSync or on your storage card. Use something like Resco Explorer (or maybe even the default file browser) to copy over to your \Windows folder.

- A warning should appear about overwriting a file in ROM. Hit Yes and overwrite the file.

- Wait a minute to soft-reset the device.

- A new warning asking if it is okay to run this file should appear. Answer Yes and wait a minute while the system loads the file for the 1st time. This may take a couple of minutes so sit tight. After that it should be fine.

I suggest a backup using Sprite Backup as this cannot be undone !

Finally, thanks to the "underground" people for getting this and my discussion at XDA with G-funkster, curtislanham, and r0p3.

Download HERE

Old 05-18-2007, 07:06 PM
Lurker

Jerkules is a n00b
I tried this but I did not get a pop up when I copied the .dll over to my Windows folder via Total Commander.

EDIT: NM, I got it to work using ActiveSync explorer, but I didn't get the first override warning...just did soft reset and it asked me if I wanted to run the file...hmmm.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:32 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
My Q is looking good! Thanks Mal

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 05-19-2007, 09:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

johnnyg is a n00b
Installing WM6 DLL bricked my Moto Q

My phone is set to automatically lock.

When I did the soft-reset, upon reboot I received the confirmaton screen, however I could not respond to it because my phone is locked.

I do have the normal left softkey [Unlock], and when you press it, it changes shades as it would normally, but it does not bring-up the dialog to enter my unlock code. I have tried blindly entering the unlock code with no success.

The screen continues to go blank after 2 seconds, as it would normally when locked. After sitting for sometime (5 mins?), when you press a key and the screen lights-up, it now displays a white background with the time, "Home Service", "Ringer Off", and "The layout you have selected cannot be l". At the top you have your normal information bar with the signal strength, battery level, and so-on. At this point I still can't unlock the phone, although the [Unlock] left softkey is still there.

I have tried connecting via ActiveSync. I get the 'USB connected' sound effect, but that's it. ActiveSync does not connect and I can't access the phone via Explorer.

I desperately need to recover my data from this phone, so I'm trying to avoid doing a hard-reset. Unfortunately, I was an idiot and did not have a backup.

Can anyone please help?
Old 05-19-2007, 10:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

PerfectHybrid is a n00b
Mal,

Is this good for 700W as well? Also, if it is should I run the unlock program too?

Thanks

PH

Don't forget to hit the '+'
Old 05-19-2007, 12:14 PM
Retired Staff

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Installing WM6 DLL bricked my Moto Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg

When I did the soft-reset, upon reboot I received the confirmaton screen, however I could not respond to it because my phone is locked.

I do have the normal left softkey [Unlock], and when you press it, it changes shades as it would normally, but it does not bring-up the dialog to enter my unlock code. I have tried blindly entering the unlock code with no success.

The screen continues to go blank after 2 seconds, as it would normally when locked. After sitting for sometime (5 mins?), when you press a key and the screen lights-up, it now displays a white background with the time, "Home Service", "Ringer Off", and "The layout you have selected cannot be l". At the top you have your normal information bar with the signal strength, battery level, and so-on. At this point I still can't unlock the phone, although the [Unlock] left softkey is still there.

I have tried connecting via ActiveSync. I get the 'USB connected' sound effect, but that's it. ActiveSync does not connect and I can't access the phone via Explorer.

I desperately need to recover my data from this phone, so I'm trying to avoid doing a hard-reset. Unfortunately, I was an idiot and did not have a backup.

Can anyone please help?
Sounds like you need to do another soft reset. either by turning off/on your Q using the power key, or by pulling out the battery. My Q acted real funny after the first soft reset too.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:33 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectHybrid
Mal,

Is this good for 700W as well? Also, if it is should I run the unlock program too?

Thanks

PH
No it dose not!
Old 05-19-2007, 01:04 PM
Lurker

johnnyg is a n00b
Re: Installing WM6 DLL bricked my Moto Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by budney
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg

Can anyone please help?
Sounds like you need to do another soft reset. either by turning off/on your Q using the power key, or by pulling out the battery. My Q acted real funny after the first soft reset too.
I've done a dozen or so soft-resets. I believe the problem is that the device is automatically locked upon boot. I need to unlock it to be able to respond to the confirmation screen, but the screen that prompts you for your password when you hit the [Unlock] softkey must rely on that DLL to display.

I'm hoping for some way to get into the phone to either, allow the DLL to run, disable the device lock, or delete the DLL so the phone can boot properly.

The only two vague thoughts I have are either a bootloader on a mini-SD card or some key sequence when booting.

Hopefully someone out there has the answer...
Old 05-19-2007, 01:35 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
johnnyg, anyway you can have your device connect via ActiveSync to your computer e.g. make a connection?

I'm not sure about Auto-lock but is it listed in the \Windows\Startup directory?

Or maybe at the least you can backup some data...
Old 05-19-2007, 01:43 PM
Lurker

johnnyg is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta
johnnyg, anyway you can have your device connect via ActiveSync to your computer e.g. make a connection?

I'm not sure about Auto-lock but is it listed in the \Windows\Startup directory?

Or maybe at the least you can backup some data...
Hi Malatesta,

I've been trying to get an ActiveSync connection, but have not been successful. I get the tone that XP makes when you connect a USB device, but ActiveSync won't connect.

When I connect via USB, I check to see if I can access the 'Mobile Device' in explorer, but it is blank.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Applications