Old 05-19-2007, 09:18 AM
johnnyg
Lurker

johnnyg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Installing WM6 DLL bricked my Moto Q

My phone is set to automatically lock.

When I did the soft-reset, upon reboot I received the confirmaton screen, however I could not respond to it because my phone is locked.

I do have the normal left softkey [Unlock], and when you press it, it changes shades as it would normally, but it does not bring-up the dialog to enter my unlock code. I have tried blindly entering the unlock code with no success.

The screen continues to go blank after 2 seconds, as it would normally when locked. After sitting for sometime (5 mins?), when you press a key and the screen lights-up, it now displays a white background with the time, "Home Service", "Ringer Off", and "The layout you have selected cannot be l". At the top you have your normal information bar with the signal strength, battery level, and so-on. At this point I still can't unlock the phone, although the [Unlock] left softkey is still there.

I have tried connecting via ActiveSync. I get the 'USB connected' sound effect, but that's it. ActiveSync does not connect and I can't access the phone via Explorer.

I desperately need to recover my data from this phone, so I'm trying to avoid doing a hard-reset. Unfortunately, I was an idiot and did not have a backup.

Can anyone please help?