PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2008, 12:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: verizon xv6700

azmp1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New ROM build, small problem and a question

So i've sucecssfully built a ROM last night, not too heavy, some additions. Works great! Thank you guys a million!

Well, almost works great, so far the only thing that i can't get working is HTC Home plugin... its there in Today applet, selected, as well as the icons, but does not show up on the Today screen.... Is it something that can be fixed without rebuilding the ROM?

Also another question, is there anyway i can extract and install apps from the kitchen .rar? I'd much rather do that then having to rebuild the ROM each time i want to try an new app from the kitchen...

Thanks!!!
Old 06-25-2008, 01:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc 6900
Carrier: sprint

s4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to s4n3_0n3
Re: New ROM build, small problem and a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmp1 View Post
So i've sucecssfully built a ROM last night, not too heavy, some additions. Works great! Thank you guys a million!

Well, almost works great, so far the only thing that i can't get working is HTC Home plugin... its there in Today applet, selected, as well as the icons, but does not show up on the Today screen.... Is it something that can be fixed without rebuilding the ROM?

Also another question, is there anyway i can extract and install apps from the kitchen .rar? I'd much rather do that then having to rebuild the ROM each time i want to try an new app from the kitchen...

Thanks!!!
what rom are you useing??
Old 06-25-2008, 01:39 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

azmp1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4n3_0n3 View Post
what rom are you useing??
Helmi_c WM6.1.

I think i see my problem though, i've selected both versions of HTC Home in my built... stupid me. I'll reflash when i get home.

My other question on the ability to install apps directly out of kitchen still stands though... any help there?

Thanks!
Old 06-25-2008, 04:34 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmp1 View Post
My other question on the ability to install apps directly out of kitchen still stands though... any help there?

Thanks!
I don't think it's possible. Extracting them is possible, but they are in OEM folders that have often been extracted from CAB files. The CAB is what does the actual installation of the application and it is no longer there.

The upshot is that most of the programs that can be included in the ROM do have installation/CAB files available with a little searching. For instance, I found CAB files for the Diamond keyboards, PIMBackup, WKTsk and more. Do a little searching on this forum as well as XDA-Developers and you can find a lot of what you are looking for. Some of them are retail apps and can be found with a quick Google search.

Last edited by Trident; 06-25-2008 at 04:38 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:41 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

azmp1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
I don't think it's possible. Extracting them is possible, but they are in OEM folders that have often been extracted from CAB files. The CAB is what does the actual installation of the application and it is no longer there.

The upshot is that most of the programs that can be included in the ROM do have installation/CAB files available with a little searching. For instance, I found CAB files for the Diamond keyboards, PIMBackup, WKTsk and more. Do a little searching on this forum as well as XDA-Developers and you can find a lot of what you are looking for. Some of them are retail apps and can be found with a quick Google search.
Understood. Thanks!
Old 06-27-2008, 10:16 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

No2chem has a tool for installing OEMs without rebuilding....nuePackage or something similar.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development