PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-25-2008, 12:46 PM
azmp1's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: verizon xv6700
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 8
Reputation: 0
azmp1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New ROM build, small problem and a question

So i've sucecssfully built a ROM last night, not too heavy, some additions. Works great! Thank you guys a million!

Well, almost works great, so far the only thing that i can't get working is HTC Home plugin... its there in Today applet, selected, as well as the icons, but does not show up on the Today screen.... Is it something that can be fixed without rebuilding the ROM?

Also another question, is there anyway i can extract and install apps from the kitchen .rar? I'd much rather do that then having to rebuild the ROM each time i want to try an new app from the kitchen...

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-25-2008, 01:08 PM
s4n3_0n3's Avatar
Halfway to VIP Status
Offline
Pocket PC: htc 6900
Carrier: sprint
Location: corona california
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 687
Reputation: 665
s4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to s4n3_0n3
Re: New ROM build, small problem and a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmp1 View Post
So i've sucecssfully built a ROM last night, not too heavy, some additions. Works great! Thank you guys a million!

Well, almost works great, so far the only thing that i can't get working is HTC Home plugin... its there in Today applet, selected, as well as the icons, but does not show up on the Today screen.... Is it something that can be fixed without rebuilding the ROM?

Also another question, is there anyway i can extract and install apps from the kitchen .rar? I'd much rather do that then having to rebuild the ROM each time i want to try an new app from the kitchen...

Thanks!!!
what rom are you useing??
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-25-2008, 01:39 PM
azmp1's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: verizon xv6700
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 8
Reputation: 0
azmp1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New ROM build, small problem and a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4n3_0n3 View Post
what rom are you useing??
Helmi_c WM6.1.

I think i see my problem though, i've selected both versions of HTC Home in my built... stupid me. I'll reflash when i get home.

My other question on the ability to install apps directly out of kitchen still stands though... any help there?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-25-2008, 04:34 PM
Trident's Avatar
The Source of Power
Offline
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint
Location: Disney World
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,337
Reputation: 1485
Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: New ROM build, small problem and a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmp1 View Post
...
My other question on the ability to install apps directly out of kitchen still stands though... any help there?

Thanks!
I don't think it's possible. Extracting them is possible, but they are in OEM folders that have often been extracted from CAB files. The CAB is what does the actual installation of the application and it is no longer there.

The upshot is that most of the programs that can be included in the ROM do have installation/CAB files available with a little searching. For instance, I found CAB files for the Diamond keyboards, PIMBackup, WKTsk and more. Do a little searching on this forum as well as XDA-Developers and you can find a lot of what you are looking for. Some of them are retail apps and can be found with a quick Google search.
__________________
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.



Last edited by Trident; 06-25-2008 at 04:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-25-2008, 04:41 PM
azmp1's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: verizon xv6700
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 8
Reputation: 0
azmp1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New ROM build, small problem and a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
I don't think it's possible. Extracting them is possible, but they are in OEM folders that have often been extracted from CAB files. The CAB is what does the actual installation of the application and it is no longer there.

The upshot is that most of the programs that can be included in the ROM do have installation/CAB files available with a little searching. For instance, I found CAB files for the Diamond keyboards, PIMBackup, WKTsk and more. Do a little searching on this forum as well as XDA-Developers and you can find a lot of what you are looking for. Some of them are retail apps and can be found with a quick Google search.
Understood. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-27-2008, 10:16 AM
gguruusa's Avatar
Deep Thinker
Offline
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Location: Mountain top
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,252
Reputation: 4726
gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New ROM build, small problem and a question

No2chem has a tool for installing OEMs without rebuilding....nuePackage or something similar.
__________________
Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com