PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   New ROM build, small problem and a question (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=30173)

azmp1 06-25-2008 12:46 PM

New ROM build, small problem and a question

So i've sucecssfully built a ROM last night, not too heavy, some additions. Works great! Thank you guys a million!

Well, almost works great, so far the only thing that i can't get working is HTC Home plugin... its there in Today applet, selected, as well as the icons, but does not show up on the Today screen.... Is it something that can be fixed without rebuilding the ROM?

Also another question, is there anyway i can extract and install apps from the kitchen .rar? I'd much rather do that then having to rebuild the ROM each time i want to try an new app from the kitchen...

Thanks!!!

s4n3_0n3 06-25-2008 01:08 PM

Re: New ROM build, small problem and a question

Quote:

Originally Posted by azmp1 (Post 325447)
So i've sucecssfully built a ROM last night, not too heavy, some additions. Works great! Thank you guys a million!

Well, almost works great, so far the only thing that i can't get working is HTC Home plugin... its there in Today applet, selected, as well as the icons, but does not show up on the Today screen.... Is it something that can be fixed without rebuilding the ROM?

Also another question, is there anyway i can extract and install apps from the kitchen .rar? I'd much rather do that then having to rebuild the ROM each time i want to try an new app from the kitchen...

Thanks!!!

what rom are you useing??

azmp1 06-25-2008 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s4n3_0n3 (Post 325488)
what rom are you useing??

Helmi_c WM6.1.

I think i see my problem though, i've selected both versions of HTC Home in my built... stupid me. I'll reflash when i get home.

My other question on the ability to install apps directly out of kitchen still stands though... any help there?

Thanks!

Trident 06-25-2008 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azmp1 (Post 325540)
My other question on the ability to install apps directly out of kitchen still stands though... any help there?

Thanks!

I don't think it's possible. Extracting them is possible, but they are in OEM folders that have often been extracted from CAB files. The CAB is what does the actual installation of the application and it is no longer there.

The upshot is that most of the programs that can be included in the ROM do have installation/CAB files available with a little searching. For instance, I found CAB files for the Diamond keyboards, PIMBackup, WKTsk and more. Do a little searching on this forum as well as XDA-Developers and you can find a lot of what you are looking for. Some of them are retail apps and can be found with a quick Google search.

azmp1 06-25-2008 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trident (Post 325912)
I don't think it's possible. Extracting them is possible, but they are in OEM folders that have often been extracted from CAB files. The CAB is what does the actual installation of the application and it is no longer there.

The upshot is that most of the programs that can be included in the ROM do have installation/CAB files available with a little searching. For instance, I found CAB files for the Diamond keyboards, PIMBackup, WKTsk and more. Do a little searching on this forum as well as XDA-Developers and you can find a lot of what you are looking for. Some of them are retail apps and can be found with a quick Google search.

Understood. Thanks!

gguruusa 06-27-2008 10:16 AM

No2chem has a tool for installing OEMs without rebuilding....nuePackage or something similar.