PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2008, 09:58 AM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION
New Touch Project.

Well i have seen a couple people doing their best to make their versions of a ROM based off the Diamond ROMs. i am very thankful for everyones efforts, but i cant help but think if we combine as a group to share information and findings we can port almost everything from the Diamond to our great device. there has been much progress but there is much room for progress. So all that said who would like to join in and see what we can do to get all the stuff we want from the Diamond without actually having to buy one. i am new to this but i am going to try my best to see what i can do make this possible. Just post here saying that you will commit some time here to help this out and i will keep the first post updated with a list of members in the project. this will need testers so please if you are willing to test please sign up too. as you enlist please tell me if you are going to be a developer or tester or if you have that much time both. all dedicated testers will be pm'd on any updates and releases. i will keep this thread the best i can as i do travel bit but i normally have internet anywhere i go.

ANYTHING YOU DO TO YOUR PHONE IS YOUR FAULT NOT MINE NOR ANY OF THE MEMBERS HERE. DO NOT COME HERE WHINING YOU BRICKED YOUR PHONE AS A RESULT OF SOMETHING YOU GOT FROM HERE.

This ROM does not currently have anything Diamond themed it is for performance to make better graphics available to our devices. If your are not an experienced flasher do not try this. I already claim no responsibility for what you do to your phone and if you ignore this warning its on you. that said i welcome all to run it just please do your research.

Here is my latest release it has been pretty stable for me so far and all the previous known bugs have been worked out.
now up in the ftp site thanx to dharvey.

ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/SBR_L3GION/ROMS/

you will need your carrier settings installed after the flash get them here.

http://www.lifesnotsogood.com/dcd1182/carriers/

If you are using my stock ROM and you get the user customizations countdown just soft reset before the customizations start. some how the customizations didnt get kicked out.

Ok i know some people have been waiting for this and i have been waiting to release it but i wanted to get something in the rom before the release of my kitchen but the new .net just didnt want to work with me. go get your kitchen here.

ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/SBR_L3GION/KITCHEN/

you can get the ppcgeeks OEMs here.

http://ppckitchen.org/downloads/

if you are using my latest releases then you will need to go here and download your carrier settings.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=402920

also i know there are plenty of people testing this thing out and since there have been quite a few people testing how many of you think this is near ready for an official release to where i release the kitchen and and start working on the graphics. just leave a post on your thoughts.

SBR_L3GION - developer/tester.
fayfay392 - developer/tester
Mindfrost82 - tester
meatlocker - tester
tantrum829 - tester
Spencer Moore - tester
binny1070 - tester
dharvey4651 - tester
boggsie - developer
cvandra - tester until further enlightenment
specv - tester
tmorris52 - tester
rstoyguy - development and testing because i know your a chef and that counts for dev.
Soul_Est - developer/tester
piscesjey - tester
rdwinger - tester
fergdogg23 - tester
a2k - tester
leoiden - tester
icelestat - tester
matt19 - mogul tester when released.
stevedog1 - tester
Rabid_Gypsey - tester

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab

Last edited by SBR_L3GION; 08-19-2008 at 03:00 PM.
This post has been thanked 30 times.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:51 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Re: New Touch Project.

L3GION:

I successfully ported the SYS from a leaked (19588 ?) rom to the leaked Sprint touch rom. As you may have figured out, porting the SYS (as covered in another thread) was fairly easy. The result, was anything but pleasing.

The biggest (initial) issue seem to be that the default resolution for the Diamond is different than it is for the Touch / Vogue. So, while the (SYS) porting went fine, the result was a phone that would boot, but most of what came up was scaled in a way that I could only see roughly 25% of the entire desktop.

I dropped into PPCKitchen chat and those who were available were willing to help, but ... and this is where I fail ... it appears that one needs to be able to pose questions in a relatively specific way, to get the appropriate answer. More than anything, I chalk this up to the all of the stuff the cooks have covered. Then, (in my case) I walk in and ask something that might be analogous to:
"I built a car and it doesn't run the way I expected"
"I did all of the wiring in my new house and when I flick the switch the light doesn't go on"

The SYS porting is covered briefly here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20550
with q & a in this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=217039

If you've already been in these threads and posted questions; apologies as I didn't read through them for your questions (not that I could have answered them, anyway). As Colonel likes to say, just before he kicks me from chat, get out b00n.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Old 06-20-2008, 12:56 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Threadstarter

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions

well i have seen these threads and no need to apologize. what i am wanting to do also is port the xip. i think that is required for somethings and if not please tell me and i will quickly get to work on getting 19591 ready for some ROM useage. and your help here would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
The biggest (initial) issue seem to be that the default resolution for the Diamond is different than it is for the Touch / Vogue. So, while the (SYS) porting went fine, the result was a phone that would boot, but most of what came up was scaled in a way that I could only see roughly 25% of the entire desktop.
The Diamond is VGA. 640x480 = 4 times the pixels of 320x240 (QVGA), so seeing 25% of the desktop is right on target.

I would imagine everyone else who is working with the Diamond ROM has also had that problem. I'm not sure what the solution is. Replacing all the graphics files with QVGA compatible files seems like it would be a huge pain. I'm sure someone already has the solution though. Maybe try XDA.

Edit: From briefly looking around it appears that most people who are working with the Diamond ROM are porting the CE OS only. I'm not sure if there is any real solution for the VGA->QVGA issue.

Last edited by bedoig; 06-20-2008 at 01:43 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 and 6900 Treo Pro
Carrier: Cricket

vetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
The Diamond is VGA. 640x480 = 4 times the pixels of 320x240 (QVGA), so seeing 25% of the desktop is right on target.

I would imagine everyone else who is working with the Diamond ROM has also had that problem. I'm not sure what the solution is. Replacing all the graphics files with QVGA compatible files seems like it would be a huge pain. I'm sure someone already has the solution though. Maybe try XDA.

Edit: From briefly looking around it appears that most people who are working with the Diamond ROM are porting the CE OS only. I'm not sure if there is any real solution for the VGA->QVGA issue.
Nah, just keep your device DPI settings. So dont deal with anything that says 192, keep a working version 96.

You will also run into a problem with the Diamonds base apps.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:41 PM
b00nsquad

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

See if this gets you closer:

Quote:
Get Vogue_Kitchen_tools.rar from OMJs ftp folder
Create "Kitchen_19208" with the contents of the rar file
Get V3.02.RAR from ImCoKeMaNs ftp folder
Extract "RUU_Vogue_4350_PPST_SpeciallNBH_SPRINT_WWE_3.02.6 51.2_Radio_435011_3.37.15_AM_NV_SPCS_1.33_0823_Tes t.exe"
Extract "2.nbh" into the root of "Kitchen_19208"
Run "PrepIt.bat"

- You have not decompiled the Sprint OEM ROM -

Create "Kitchen_19591" with the contents of the Vogue_Kitchen_tools.rar file
Get "RUU_Diamond_HTC_WWE_1.37.405.1_Radio_Signed_Diamo nd_52.26a.25.09_1.00.25.03_Ship.exe"
Extract "RUU_Signed.nbh" into the root of "Kitchen_19591"
Run "PrepIT.bat"

- You have not decompiled the Diamond ROM -

copy G'Reloc.exe into the "Kitchen_19208" folder
run G'Reloc.exe
Take a screen capture or copy each item into notepad

In the "Kitchen_19208" folder, rename the SYS folder to SYS_19208
Copy the SYS folder from the "Kitchen_19591" into the "Kitchen_19208" folder

Make note of any items in the SYS folder just copied from "Kitchen_19591" which contain "192"
Quote:
Base_DPI_192
base_dpi_192_resh_480_resv_640
Base_Lang_0409_DPI_192
Base_Lang_0409_DPI_192_RESH_480_RESV_640
Browsing_DPI_192
Enterprise_DPI_192
Enterprise_Lang_0409_DPI_192
Entertainment_DPI_192
Entertainment_Lang_0409_DPI_192
IPSECVPN_DPI_192
MediaOS_dpi_192_resh_480_resv_640
Office_DPI_192
Office_Lang_0409_DPI_192
Phone_DPI_192
Phone_dpi_192_resh_480_resv_640
Phone_Lang_0409_DPI_192
PhoneRedist_DPI_192
PhoneRedist_Lang_0409_DPI_192
Redist_DPI_192
Redist_dpi_192_resh_480_resv_640
Redist_Lang_0409_DPI_192
Transcriber_Lang_0409_DPI_192
WindowsLive_DPI_192
Move these 192 dpi items out of the SYS folder ... remember move _NOT_ copy

Bring in (copy) 96 dpi items from the SYS_19208 folder

Quote:
Base_DPI_96
base_dpi_96_resh_240_resv_320
Base_Lang_0409_DPI_96
Base_Lang_0409_DPI_96_RESH_240_RESV_320
Browsing_DPI_96
Enterprise_DPI_96
Enterprise_Lang_0409_DPI_96
Entertainment_DPI_96
Entertainment_Lang_0409_DPI_96
IPSECVPN_DPI_96
MediaOS_dpi_96_resh_240_resv_320
Office_DPI_96
Office_Lang_0409_DPI_96
PhoneRedist_DPI_96
PhoneRedist_Lang_0409_DPI_96
Phone_DPI_96
Phone_dpi_96_resh_240_resv_320
Phone_Lang_0409_DPI_96
Redist_DPI_96
Redist_dpi_96_resh_240_resv_320
Redist_Lang_0409_DPI_96
Transcriber_Lang_0409_DPI_96
WindowsLive_DPI_96
Copy the following folders from SYS_19208 folder to the SYS folder

Quote:
WinCENLS_WWE
Bluetooth
Bluetooth_Lang_0409
Run G'Reloc.exe ... Paste in the values from above for Slot 0 & Slot 1. Size of rom will probably be different, but that is correct / expected.

Click Doit!

Run BuildOS

Run BuildIt

Flash
This is a little bit of going from memory (from 19588 experiments) ... I have the decompiled folders, but they've been canibalized so I can't verify right now.

Best regards,
-boggsie

PS: Oh, the DPI stuff I just added as VetVito cleared that up for me. Thanks VetVito

Last edited by boggsie; 06-20-2008 at 11:03 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:27 AM
Livin' Dangerously
Threadstarter

I may not be able to post here very much this weekend as i am not able to connet to my wifi right now so i am tethering. but as far as updates i think what i am really gonna be working on is porting the .xip seeing as so many other people have ported the sys folder. also just to be sure i am working on .xip from the 19591 rom so if you have ported the sys folder be sure it is the 19591 rom. i am still not as far as most of you probably are because i am still pretty new to this but i did start this project a for it to be a group project. also this is not my only project this weekend as i plan to update my registry edit to .cab tutorial. so i will do what i can ths weekend but i am going to be pretty busy.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:11 AM
Livin' Dangerously
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2k View Post
That's something I've wanted for a while SBR. Where is the Registry to CAB tutorial?
here ya go expet updates this weekend.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=29568
Old 06-21-2008, 12:52 PM
b00nsquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR_L3GION View Post
what did you do to throw the .dpi settings in there and also i got connected to my wifi so im back on target with projects.
I am going to be somewhat repetitive in order to minimize the risk that I might forget something.

You've probably got two kitchen folders:
1) Kitchen_19208
2) Kitchen_19591

After decomposing / de-compiling both RUU_signed.nbh files, both of these folders will have the following directory structure:
Quote:
-Logs
-OEM
-OEMizer
-ROM
-RUU
-SYS
-Tools
In the "Kitchen_19208" directory, RENAME the existing "SYS" folder to "SYS_19208"

Copy "SYS" from "Kitchen_19591" to "Kitchen_19208"

Now, your directory structure in the "Kitchen_19208" folder is like this:

Quote:
-Logs
-OEM
-OEMizer
-ROM
-RUU
-SYS_19208
-SYS
-Tools
So now, what you want to do is delete the 192 dpi folders from "Kitchen_19208\SYS"

This gets rid of the VGA stuff that was copied over from the Diamond ROM.

Once those 23 folders have been deleted (see list of "192" items above), then copy the corresponding list of items (see list of "96" items above) from "Kitchen_19208\SYS_19208"

This completes the portion of SYS porting which deals with VGA vs. QVGA resolution.

Then you need to delete the Diamond bluetooth folders and copy in the Touch bluetooth folders.

Quote:
Bluetooth
Bluetooth_Lang_0409
and finally copy in the "WinCENLS_WWE"

... and remember all of this is in the context of the earlier message ... be sure to run G'rlock, etc.

Best regards,
-Boggsie
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:58 PM
Livin' Dangerously
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
I am going to be somewhat repetitive in order to minimize the risk that I might forget something.

You've probably got two kitchen folders:
1) Kitchen_19208
2) Kitchen_19591

After decomposing / de-compiling both RUU_signed.nbh files, both of these folders will have the following directory structure:
In the "Kitchen_19208" directory, RENAME the existing "SYS" folder to "SYS_19208"

Copy "SYS" from "Kitchen_19591" to "Kitchen_19208"

Now, your directory structure in the "Kitchen_19208" folder is like this:

So now, what you want to do is delete the 192 dpi folders from "Kitchen_19208\SYS"

This gets rid of the VGA stuff that was copied over from the Diamond ROM.

Once those 23 folders have been deleted (see list of "192" items above), then copy the corresponding list of items (see list of "96" items above) from "Kitchen_19208\SYS_19208"

This completes the portion of SYS porting which deals with VGA vs. QVGA resolution.

Then you need to delete the Diamond bluetooth folders and copy in the Touch bluetooth folders.

and finally copy in the "WinCENLS_WWE"

... and remember all of this is in the context of the earlier message ... be sure to run G'rlock, etc.

Best regards,
-Boggsie
thanx for the reply but i figured it out after a lil sleep i was up for the 30+ hours so some sleep was in order. right now i am just throwing my own OEMs in to the ROM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development