PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2012, 10:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Sprint

navizon is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best way to avoid deep sleep.

If my ppc goes into deep sleep I lose the sdsh card. Tried every driver and every trick. I want to know if there is a mortscript I can run or app or something that keeps the ppc out of deep sleep. I can set the turnoff timer to like 100 minutes but is there is a better way? The way that worked great was having the email check every 10 minutes but the radiation this puts out is way too high for my liking. (I can't get push to work either.) Radiation is not something anyone cares about but me, I even keep the phone in the other room just to avoid it, but it also means less recharging.

Any ideas?
Old 08-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Best way to avoid deep sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navizon View Post
...I lose the sdsh card...
How do you bring it back, by refreshing your My Device directory in File Explorer (Menu > Refresh), or what? And what OS/ROM are you using?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

navizon is a n00b

Neither of your questions will help me or anyone else get the answer, but I got the rom from my dog and am too chicken to go through the process ever again.

I do a soft reset.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:00 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Neither of your questions will help me or anyone else get the answer
Ouch. MrGoodtunes was trying to help. Be kind to those who are willing to offer support and your results will be much better. =]

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

@Tinkerbell - You're such a sweetie, I luv you!

Quote:
...I do a soft reset...
Ah ha, so a quick refresh fails to show the card? This would indicate your SD Deamon falls to sleep, which probably should never happen. Or, if it does, then like ActiveSync, it should kick back in after a short while. And you'd think a refresh should wake it.

I was thinking that in case you were running a stock Sprint ROM, there could be files in some of my Sprint Vogues that might help you. The reason for this is that I used to have your same card loss problem with the WinMo 6 that was originally on my phone. After the 6.1 upgrade, I noticed a couple of new \Windows\ files dealing with SDHC, and I have had no SD problem since. If the ROM your dog cooked for you is Wm6.1 based, then maybe these files would be helpful.

Another thing that was happening back with Wm6, looked like this:

Whenever this corruption would happen (used to happen often), quickest fix was to pop out the card, clean its gold contact pads, and re-insert very carefully. Soft reset would also work, but only temporarily. If your trouble is something like this, then it could be hardware, as in a messed-up finger point that doesn't contact one of the gold pads very well, or a dirty contact pad, piece of lint in there, etc.

Last edited by MrGoodtunes; 08-07-2012 at 06:03 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level

Thanks MrGoodtunes!! I try to take care of those helping out around here! Thank you for your efforts!! A+
Old 08-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

navizon is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodtunes View Post
How do you bring it back, by refreshing your My Device directory in File Explorer (Menu > Refresh), or what? And what OS/ROM are you using?

I apologize. While I am still nowhere closer to my original goal of avoiding deep sleep I've learned there is a secret hidden process that my explorer replacement doesn't activate. Using the original built in MS Explorer refresh works at turning on and/or starting this apparently secret hidden alleged sd program that allows one to see my 4gb sdsh card. Someone needs to tell the others at the new equivalent to this site as they have a long like 300 post thread on various options. I don't understand why the demon fails to show up as a program but your solution works and I don't have time to really care why.

A better solution is to have a mortscript notice if a file on the sd card disappears and when it does to re-run this strange sd demon.

Everytime I replace default software (MS, Apple, Google) I always get kicked in the butt. Here I should never have replaced ppc explorer.

Thanks again.

Last edited by navizon; 08-08-2012 at 01:57 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:01 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Quote:
I apologize. Thanks again.
Awesome attitude. We are all in this together! =]

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache