View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 05:54 PM
MrGoodtunes
Halfway to VIP Status

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Best way to avoid deep sleep.

@Tinkerbell - You're such a sweetie, I luv you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navizon View Post
...I do a soft reset...
Ah ha, so a quick refresh fails to show the card? This would indicate your SD Deamon falls to sleep, which probably should never happen. Or, if it does, then like ActiveSync, it should kick back in after a short while. And you'd think a refresh should wake it.

I was thinking that in case you were running a stock Sprint ROM, there could be files in some of my Sprint Vogues that might help you. The reason for this is that I used to have your same card loss problem with the WinMo 6 that was originally on my phone. After the 6.1 upgrade, I noticed a couple of new \Windows\ files dealing with SDHC, and I have had no SD problem since. If the ROM your dog cooked for you is Wm6.1 based, then maybe these files would be helpful.

Another thing that was happening back with Wm6, looked like this:

Whenever this corruption would happen (used to happen often), quickest fix was to pop out the card, clean its gold contact pads, and re-insert very carefully. Soft reset would also work, but only temporarily. If your trouble is something like this, then it could be hardware, as in a messed-up finger point that doesn't contact one of the gold pads very well, or a dirty contact pad, piece of lint in there, etc.

Last edited by MrGoodtunes; 08-07-2012 at 06:03 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.