PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2012, 12:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131
Battery life

How's everyone's battery life so far? I'm thoroughly impressed! I don't have any concrete measurements yet but considering I'm running stock with no tweaks I'm really impressed. Already getting at least 2x what I got on my E3D with heavy to moderate usage. I'll know better in another week or so but id say it's off to an impressive start.

I've been trying to use it without any consideration for battery conservation to get an idea of its performance under extreme situations. Watching an hour or so of videos on Sprint's NBA app, several hours of web browsing, streaming Google Music, taking a ton of pics, maybe 45 mins of phone calls, and really heavy Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, and Groupme browsing and picture uploading. It probably could make it an entire day (from about 9am-2am this holiday weekend) but I keep throwing it on the charger out of fear/habit lol. I even noticed that it was set for cdma/LTE mode by default so that's been with LTE on and no LTE! I'm going to give it a try now in CDMA only mode and see how it does. Just curious about other people's experiences.

Positive Vibrations

Check out my blog: http://brownhandstech.blogspot.com
Old 05-28-2012, 05:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Re: Battery life

I exercise everyday and I use SportsTrackerPro.

My daily upload : SportsTrackLive | chong67

After running for 1 hr, my 3D Is down to 60% juice. I hope the LTE will flare better.

This is my normal test.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:44 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

I have been extremely impressed! I was fighting the urge to plug in the charger every night but finally did last night, right after this SS....56hrs....not too shabby...though it was low to moderate usage.

Old 05-29-2012, 04:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I have been extremely impressed! I was fighting the urge to plug in the charger every night but finally did last night, right after this SS....56hrs....not too shabby...though it was low to moderate usage.

Wow! What the heck kinda settings (sync cycle etc) are you using OMJ?! I'm having a hard time testing during the normal work week because I'm in a spot with nearly no signal so it adds a lot of strain. That being said it made it all day (9hrs) with about 40% to spare and that was with light usage. Doesn't sound good but my E3D would usually be there in 2-3 hrs and would need to be charged throughout the day, so I'm really impressed!

Any clue if being in CDMA only vs CDMA/LTE has a significant impact. I know WiMAX hit the battery hard but idk about the new more efficient integrated chip/radio

Positive Vibrations

Last edited by princem131; 05-29-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:05 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by princem131 View Post
Wow! What the heck kinda settings (sync cycle etc) are you using OMJ?! I'm having a hard time testing during the normal work week because I'm in a spot with nearly no signal so it adds a lot of strain. That being said it made it all day (9hrs) with about 40% to spare and that was with light usage. Doesn't sound good but my E3D would usually be there in 2-3 hrs and would need to be charged throughout the day, so I'm really impressed!

Any clue if being in CDMA only vs CDMA/LTE has a significant impact. I know WiMAX hit the battery hard but idk about the new more efficient integrated chip/radio

Positive Vibrations
I think I read somewhere to set it to cdma only until LTE is active, not sure if it helps on battery.

My usage was more today....down to 63% after 9.5 hrs
Old 05-29-2012, 06:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
I think I read somewhere to set it to cdma only until LTE is active, not sure if it helps on battery.

My usage was more today....down to 63% after 9.5 hrs
Dude how are you getting that kind of performance?! Mine is good but I don't think its anywhere near that!

Positive Vibrations
Old 05-30-2012, 02:00 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by princem131 View Post
Dude how are you getting that kind of performance?! Mine is good but I don't think its anywhere near that!

Positive Vibrations
not sure, maybe I just don't use it as much as you ... wifi really does conserve battery, and I'm on wifi a majority of the day.

I am now @ 23% after 29.5 hrs
Old 05-30-2012, 02:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
not sure, maybe I just don't use it as much as you ... wifi really does conserve battery, and I'm on wifi a majority of the day.

I am now @ 23% after 29.5 hrs
OMG yeah that is awesome!

Positive Vibrations
Old 05-30-2012, 07:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g LTE

Fosters is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Got mine right before a road trip - Minneapolis to Phoenix and back. After about 16 hours of driving first day it was down to 26% with no charging and playing mp3s via bluetooth. Definitely impressive. I was driving by myself so no mobile hotspot usage - that's one of the things that I find eats phones up; really curious how long it would last on that... So far it puts my old Epic to shame in every department except the keyboard of course.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

All good on the battery front here!

I NEVER got 2 full days on the OG EVO!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G LTE