PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2011, 10:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium
Carrier: Mobiletel

elementyy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
wi fi not working

I am posting from my phone so I will not use the perfect english of mine. I do apologize.....
I booted the new android version posted by arghhhhh in xda. I did everything I could but when I start scan for wi fi networks I get a message unable to scan for wifi networks and my wifi turns off automatically. Afterwards I try 2nd time to scan and it says "application settings from froyo.com has unexpectedly stopped OR is not responding. I have 2 options :force close; wait..
I changed the conf file in the conf folder with a new one and added a command it to bind with wifi-nvram.txt. Check the FAQ in the xda wikia...
I need wifi to download a file manager which i will manage my sd card and will be able to add and install new apps cuz there isnt built-in file explorer and i cant install apps or use my sd in android. Link below:
[BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX06 - "Stable" - Minor Fixes - Page 184 - xda-developers
Old 07-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: wi fi not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementyy View Post
I am posting from my phone so I will not use the perfect english of mine. I do apologize.....
I booted the new android version posted by arghhhhh in xda. I did everything I could but when I start scan for wi fi networks I get a message unable to scan for wifi networks and my wifi turns off automatically. Afterwards I try 2nd time to scan and it says "application settings from froyo.com has unexpectedly stopped OR is not responding. I have 2 options :force close; wait..
I changed the conf file in the conf folder with a new one and added a command it to bind with wifi-nvram.txt. Check the FAQ in the xda wikia...
I need wifi to download a file manager which i will manage my sd card and will be able to add and install new apps cuz there isnt built-in file explorer and i cant install apps or use my sd in android. Link below:
[BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX06 - "Stable" - Minor Fixes - Page 184 - xda-developers
You're on FRX07...? Did you grab the latest rootfs?

You can install apps thru AndroidApps, thru adb, thru the Market.... I don't see why a file explorer application is required, but I probably will include astro as an APK in AndroidApps\Other in the next build.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:46 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

elementyy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
You're on FRX07...? Did you grab the latest rootfs?

You can install apps thru AndroidApps, thru adb, thru the Market.... I don't see why a file explorer application is required, but I probably will include astro as an APK in AndroidApps\Other in the next build.
I'm on FRX06 I cannot use Market because of the wi-fi issue. I will check if I have used the newest RootFs but I think this is not going to fix my problem. And yes your android really needs a file explorer. About the adb I dunno and about the AndroidApps - I cannot because my phone doesn't see any apps on my SD card to install.
Btw nice to see you here also and again also. I didn't know you're registered here )... Well yes I'm on the version you posted. What we were discussing in xda forums didn't work. I still get this message. Thanks for the patience you gave to me and for the fact you're going to add explorer in the next revision. I'd be also happy If you import the .conf file that binds to the wi-fi .txt file and also to put in the archive the text file and mention the people to replace the XX:XX:XX with the MAC. Wish you best luck you really filled me with respect yourself. I was really happy to see you posting here.

Last edited by elementyy; 07-22-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:10 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementyy View Post
I'm on FRX06 I cannot use Market because of the wi-fi issue. I will check if I have used the newest RootFs but I think this is not going to fix my problem. And yes your android really needs a file explorer. About the adb I dunno and about the AndroidApps - I cannot because my phone doesn't see any apps on my SD card to install.
Btw nice to see you here also and again also. I didn't know you're registered here )... Well yes I'm on the version you posted. What we were discussing in xda forums didn't work. I still get this message. Thanks for the patience you gave to me and for the fact you're going to add explorer in the next revision. I'd be also happy If you import the .conf file that binds to the wi-fi .txt file and also to put in the archive the text file and mention the people to replace the XX:XX:XX with the MAC. Wish you best luck you really filled me with respect yourself. I was really happy to see you posting here.
Heh, I've been here for a while... especially since I have a CDMA device...

Anyhoo, the wifi-nvram trick is only required if wifi positively, absolutely has never worked. Is this the case? Wifi never worked on a clean/fresh build of FRX06 or 07? If it worked at one point, you do not have to do that wifi-nvram trick. It's very rare that people do have to do it... and I don't see how I can incorporate a bind mount into the user.conf file if only a small cross-section of people need it...

I highly recommend using FRX07 with the newest kernel & rootfs. I think we've been down this road already tho..
Old 07-23-2011, 11:04 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

elementyy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Heh, I've been here for a while... especially since I have a CDMA device...

Anyhoo, the wifi-nvram trick is only required if wifi positively, absolutely has never worked. Is this the case? Wifi never worked on a clean/fresh build of FRX06 or 07? If it worked at one point, you do not have to do that wifi-nvram trick. It's very rare that people do have to do it... and I don't see how I can incorporate a bind mount into the user.conf file if only a small cross-section of people need it...

I highly recommend using FRX07 with the newest kernel & rootfs. I think we've been down this road already tho..
It has never worked on FRX06 or on any build. Except FRX06 I have tried 2 more builds which are old( I tried them about 6 months ago)..... I'm using FRX06 now but will get FRX07. And I say again my Wi-fi had never worked on any of the FRXs I've booted. And about the user.conf file I just suggested I did not obligate you to do that. Please check, if you don't mind, my new reply on your thread in Xda. I will update to FRX07 and see if it will work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2