PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2010, 03:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

faustt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Current replacement for Touch Pro?

My Touch Pro finally bit the dust. The screen isn't responding at all anymore. I just flashed to stock in preparation to return it (yay insurance!). Just a few quick questions:

As of September 2010, what would I get back? Touch Pro 2 I'm guessing?

I doubt it... but does sprint allow you to exchange it for an Andriod phone? I'm pretty much done with windows mobile... no interest in Windows Phone 7 at all either. I'd be happy with Moment I guess.

Will returning a faulty phone and getting a new one mess up my contract at all? As it is now, I'm out of contract with this line and was waiting until it was practical to get an Epic. I really don't want to get a year old phone and have to wait another 2 years to get a discounted price on something new.

Thanks guys

Quick edit. Since my screen is dead, I can't setup activesync to relock my phone over USB. I'm just stuck on the calibration screen. I have the .nbh file from the relocker, is it safe to flash that from the SD card? I just want to make sure before I totally brick the thing =P

Last edited by faustt; 09-13-2010 at 03:56 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:50 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Current replacement for Touch Pro?

I'm pretty sure you can flash the relocker over the SD... there's a sticky on it :P

When my TP's keyboard bit the dust, they offered me a TP2, a Moment or a BB something. I choose the TP2, just because I'm not such a fan of the Moment's keyboard or hardware.

With that said, I don't know if they'll always offer you the upgrade... I think the dude might've looked at my account and saw that I didn't have this phone replaced once thru loss or damage etc, and just decided to be nice and upgrade me. I think if they have replacement TP's in their pipeline (which they usually do keep old phones for quite some time) they'll give you one of those.

Good luck!
Old 09-14-2010, 01:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

If you are doing an asurion claim, here's the replacement as of this posting (hasn't changed for at least 30 days):
Quote:
Originally Posted by asurion
We currently have a HTC 6850 in stock and will send this replacement to you.
You may get a nice representative that will get you a TP2, but I had no luck trying with my wife's TP. They told me since they had the 6850 (TP1) in stock, that was all they could send as a replacement. I just left the claim open and am checking to see if it ever changes. I don't see the point in paying $100 for a TP1, as they go for less on craigslist.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

SNYPE2K9 is a n00b

AVOID THE MOMENT! I am going back to WinMo because I hate the Moment so much. There is no hardware 3D and it shows. There is no video app that can play back non-h264 video at full speed. The battery dies like 2-3 times as fast as the Touch Pros. There is almost no development for it. Lack of multi-touch is another kick in the pants. The screen, while AMOLED, is still obviously low res. The whole experience is slow. You're better off with a Touch Pro with the Android port or just going with the Hero, which sadly runs faster than the Moment even though the Moment should work faster. All the real work for the Moment has pretty much halted. We thought we'd be able to port multi-touch but that went nowhere. Then someone started writing a 3D driver for spica, which is progressing, but has so much work left that it is not even funny. I do NOT suggest the Moment. Plus the Hero overclocks to around the same CPU speed as the Moment anyway and the Moment isn't really overclockable. they have almost gotten it going but it doesn't seem to improve performance and it just kills the battery faster...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro