View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 11:29 PM
SNYPE2K9
Lurker

SNYPE2K9 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Current replacement for Touch Pro?

AVOID THE MOMENT! I am going back to WinMo because I hate the Moment so much. There is no hardware 3D and it shows. There is no video app that can play back non-h264 video at full speed. The battery dies like 2-3 times as fast as the Touch Pros. There is almost no development for it. Lack of multi-touch is another kick in the pants. The screen, while AMOLED, is still obviously low res. The whole experience is slow. You're better off with a Touch Pro with the Android port or just going with the Hero, which sadly runs faster than the Moment even though the Moment should work faster. All the real work for the Moment has pretty much halted. We thought we'd be able to port multi-touch but that went nowhere. Then someone started writing a 3D driver for spica, which is progressing, but has so much work left that it is not even funny. I do NOT suggest the Moment. Plus the Hero overclocks to around the same CPU speed as the Moment anyway and the Moment isn't really overclockable. they have almost gotten it going but it doesn't seem to improve performance and it just kills the battery faster...