PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2 > Android On The HD2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 09:18 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Android on HD2 updates + ROMs + Builds

NOTE: Current ROMs for Download in Post #2

I have been on top of the Linux/Ubuntu/Android on HD2 scene for quite a while, testing builds every day!

I'm not sure if you guys know, but the development of Android on the HD2 has jumped millions of miles this past week, we basically went from not being able to load Android at all, to having stable almost fully working builds.

I won't bore you with all the details, let's get to the fun stuff!

I would recommend you flash a 2.12.xx or a 2.14.xx radio before trying these out. It eliminates A LOT of problems reported by some users.

You can get the ROMs a long with my favorites in post 2.

Extract the file to your SD card root and then click on CLRCAD (you won't see anything happen) then click on Haret, and you're good to go.

Also, recommended working "lite" Windows Mobile 6.5 ROMs also in post 2 added as they come out.
Attached Files
File Type: cab mskip_Android_Loader_V3.cab (210.6 KB, 390 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by orangekid; 10-01-2010 at 11:04 AM. Reason: updated with icons
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:18 AM
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Android on HD2 Updates!

Current ROMs!

There are now too many ROMs for me to list and link here, since PPCGeeks ir mostly CDMA and XDA caters more to GSM, you will find all the good ROMs over on XDA. The following are my personal favorites for the reasons listed below. When/If you subscribe to this thread I will list when my favorite ROMs get updated, check the actual XDA Android Development Forum often (linked below) for updates on ALL ROMs.

When Cotulla releases MAGLDR and the Android flasher program for NAND flashing, I'll update the thread.

Special thanks to the developers for making our HD2s one of the most awesome devices to own right now, we get ROMs before the Evo and sometimes Nexus?Desire does (such as the Desire HD port). These devs are just freaking awesome and deserve all the donations we can muster.

XDA Thread on Android Development (all ROMs)

HD2 Android Development - xda-developers

My personal Favorite Highly Recommended Android ROMs

Hyperdroid by Pongster (no sense) - Speed, Stability, Themed Awesome, Updated Often - Download HERE

MIUI - port of a chinese ROM, basically Android with an iOS feel to it, I love it - Get Noir's 10.29 super awesome version HERE

HyperdroidSense
(Evo Port) by Pongster - Pongster brings the same stability, minimalist theme, and speed with Sense UI using an Evo kernel. Get it HERE

DesireHD port by Darkstone - a little buggy, definitely a beta build, but you get to see all the new Sense UI features on the new Desire HD, pretty awesome to check out. Get it HERE

Windows Mobile 6.5 "Android Friendly" ROMS

Energy ROM for Android - HERE
Dutty's ROM (1st post) reported robot voice, will let you know when fixed - HERE
Attached Files
File Type: zip zimage_925mvOC and Startup.txt.zip (1.94 MB, 192 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by orangekid; 11-02-2010 at 08:22 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2

mgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Android on HD2 Updates!

Ran 3.7 for a while this morning, truly incredible how fast these guys are making HUGE strides!
Old 07-13-2010, 10:37 AM
Threadstarter

yeah 3.7 is freaking amazing, fast 3G data, not buggy at all, we'll have an internal flashed fast stable build running so soon lol
Old 07-13-2010, 12:24 PM
Threadstarter

Update: JMZ HD2 Dual-Boot app

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XLMIBMNO

Last edited by orangekid; 07-13-2010 at 03:12 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:50 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Does "Android - Gen.Y DualBOOT v1.0.6.0" work as well?

Old 07-13-2010, 12:52 PM
Threadstarter

It might, I don't know how well it works on the HD2, but I don't see why not, it's a haret loader like on the pro2

edit: foryo link not working, I'm rehosting on our servers for now

edit: ok first post updated with new link

Last edited by orangekid; 07-13-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2

mgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuff

I'm pretty sure JMZ made a dual-boot program for the HD2, i'll try to find the link.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=723200

Last edited by mgioia2; 07-13-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:11 PM
Threadstarter

yeah i have it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
Update: JMZ HD2 Dual-Boot app

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XLMIBMNO
Old 07-15-2010, 06:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: THC Snap
Carrier: Sprint

lightflier is a n00b

I was installing Android into my HTC Leo. Before the installation was complete the screen began to fade to dark. The phone went completely dead with a blank screen. To boot up the phone I had to pull the battery out and put it back. When I did everything worked fine with windows 6.5. What am I doing wrong?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2 > Android On The HD2