PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2011, 04:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

theillestjohnw is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No Service-like

I'm running the FRX06 build on my HTC Touch Pro 2 from Sprint. Every time I charge my phone overnight, it has no service the next morning. This always happens after the phone is in a long period of sleep mode. It still shows "Sprint" instead of "No Service" but the service status bar doesn't have any bars. I cannot make/receive calls or send/receive texts. I always have to turn on airplane mode then turn it off again to get service back & that's a hassle. Is there any solution to this? Please & thanks.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: No Service-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by theillestjohnw View Post
I'm running the FRX06 build on my HTC Touch Pro 2 from Sprint. Every time I charge my phone overnight, it has no service the next morning. This always happens after the phone is in a long period of sleep mode. It still shows "Sprint" instead of "No Service" but the service status bar doesn't have any bars. I cannot make/receive calls or send/receive texts. I always have to turn on airplane mode then turn it off again to get service back & that's a hassle. Is there any solution to this? Please & thanks.
Hrm...

I don't think I've ever heard of that. The stock RIL in FRX06 isn't so great tho, so perhaps the new test RIL will help solve your woes...

I haven't been on the stock RIL in forever, but I can honestly say that never happened to me on the stock RIL either. If I had no service, it would say "No Service" or "Searching for Service" - usually after one of those annoying resets within Android. I don't think I've ever had it say "Sprint" when in fact I had no service.

I guess one other question - is there an X or an Airplane symbol over the signal strength? Or are signal bars just 'empty'?
Old 06-06-2011, 05:06 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

theillestjohnw is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Hrm...

I don't think I've ever heard of that. The stock RIL in FRX06 isn't so great tho, so perhaps the new test RIL will help solve your woes...

I haven't been on the stock RIL in forever, but I can honestly say that never happened to me on the stock RIL either. If I had no service, it would say "No Service" or "Searching for Service" - usually after one of those annoying resets within Android. I don't think I've ever had it say "Sprint" when in fact I had no service.

I guess one other question - is there an X or an Airplane symbol over the signal strength? Or are signal bars just 'empty'?
Nope, there's no X or Airplane symbol over the signal strength. The bars are just plain empty, but it still says Sprint. Weird huh?
Old 06-06-2011, 05:13 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Nope, there's no X or Airplane symbol over the signal strength. The bars are just plain empty, but it still says Sprint. Weird huh?
Yea, I can't say I've ever heard of that.

Give the new test RIL a shot. Look at post #6, the RIL in post #1 isn't getting updates anymore.

Otherwise, you'll just have to wait for the new build... whenever that is.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

theillestjohnw is a n00b

Quote:
Yea, I can't say I've ever heard of that.

Give the new test RIL a shot. Look at post #6, the RIL in post #1 isn't getting updates anymore.

Otherwise, you'll just have to wait for the new build... whenever that is.
Thanks. I'll try that & I'll let you know how it turns out.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Almost sounds like it reboots for some reason overnight and you need to reset the data to get it working (toggling the airplane mode or even shutting down data and reinstating it). That has happened previously to me but was months ago and IIRC it was the RIL that would create the issue although I'm not 100% on that. I can confirm with Hyc's latest I don't have the reboots w/ no data and reboots due to signal issues have gone away.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

theillestjohnw is a n00b

Yeah I am still having the same problem after installing the latest RIL which was stated by arrrghhh. Where can I find Hyc's latest?
Old 06-07-2011, 10:15 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Yeah I am still having the same problem after installing the latest RIL which was stated by arrrghhh. Where can I find Hyc's latest?
Quote:
Now, what would that mean to me... See post #6 of the thread I linked to earlier...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2