PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2010, 12:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2 #2
Carrier: boost

jcthelight is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
android for my tp2

hi i have a wimo slow 6.5 tp2 on boost and want to flash with android is there a complete rom the has everything workin thanks i searched and didnt really find anything maybe i missed it so i thought i'd ask
Old 12-28-2010, 08:09 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

There isn't a complete flash working from NAND just yet, but the cab install works rather nicely. However, not everything is working right now. No camera or Bluetooth. Keep reading this Forum to learn more.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:40 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: android for my tp2

Yea, the partial NAND is far from general consumption yet. For testing/devs only!

With that said, a full NAND seems close, and then lots of polishing... hopefully it'll be ready for all in the near future!
Old 12-28-2010, 10:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Yea, the partial NAND is far from general consumption yet. For testing/devs only!

With that said, a full NAND seems close, and then lots of polishing... hopefully it'll be ready for all in the near future!
ok i will keep my eyes open thanks so for in the mean time gotta find a good rom for my sprint tp2 on boost and suggestions doesnt have to be flashy just run faster than winmo 6.5
Old 12-28-2010, 12:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

kcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good workkcwebmonkey is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthelight View Post
ok i will keep my eyes open thanks so for in the mean time gotta find a good rom for my sprint tp2 on boost and suggestions doesnt have to be flashy just run faster than winmo 6.5
Haven't found anything on the WinMO side smoother and faster than Energy's ROM
Old 12-28-2010, 07:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Runamok81 is becoming a great contributor

Ndno has posted a great all-in-one zip version of Android for CDMA Sprint Touch Pro 2 - Rhod500.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12488850/andboot.7z

Just download and unnzip the contents of the andboot folder to the root of your SD card. This means you'll be extracting and dropping multiple files and folders from the zipped-up andboot folder onto the root of your SD card. Then use a File Explorer, navigate to the SD card root, and run haret. No flash neccessary.

Expect first boot to take five minutes. Subsequent boots take 1min or so.
Wifi is good, tethering is good, calls good, 3g data is good, speakerphone, usb charging,market, etc... all good.
GPS takes about 5mins to get first lock, but works and locks on faster with each use.
No bluetooth, No camera, No headphone jack.
Battery life is *meh*, but its being worked on.

Protips:
- Leave the phone plugged up to a charger when booting Android. This is called the "battery trick." It supposedly increases battery life. You can detach after sliding to unlock.
- The phone always boots into landscape. Open and close your slider.
- Sometimes, its a good idea to let Android "settle" a bit before using (3mins).
- If you have no service, reboot to winmo, make a call, then launch haret.
- If something else is supposed to work but isn't REBOOT!
- Open "Spare Parts" and change the "End button behavior" to "Home, then sleep," or else you'll be using the back button alot!
- Sometimes Android will become super sluggish, there are some tricks to pull it out of its funk. First, try making a call in Android (always works for me) others say opening Google Maps in Android will work.

Suggested installs from Marketplace:
Quadrant - Graphics test, post your setup and results in the 3D testing thread.
Neocore - Same as above
Opera Mini - My preference for a browser.
Syncmypix - Pulls profile photos from facebook to your contacts
LauncherPro - Enhanced homescreen, adds messages and contacts to homescreen
FancyWidget - Put clock and weather data on the homescreen.

Remember this is testing! Don't expect everything to be perfect. Be prepared to troubleshoot on your own, and read the forums for advice.

-Enjoy
Runamok81
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:41 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwebmonkey View Post
Haven't found anything on the WinMO side smoother and faster than Energy's ROM
+1

David
Old 12-28-2010, 11:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

ok i used my browser to download the file to my sd card now when i go to it and try to open it it says its not a valid windos app i know im doing something wron help please do i need something to open it

Last edited by jcthelight; 12-28-2010 at 11:51 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:21 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthelight View Post
ok i used my browser to download the file to my sd card now when i go to it and try to open it it says its not a valid windos app i know im doing something wron help please do i need something to open it
You need to use a computer... This is pretty OT, for your own thread even.

I guess you can extract the RHODIMG.NBH and drop it at the root of your SD and flash that way. Still pretty OT.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Can you share a flash card with both ? If so what is the best way to set it up ?

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2