PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 06:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: bouygues

damien50 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Google map update make me lag

Hi,
I have a little problem.
On fresh install of Xdandroid : When I connect my phone on the Market, google map and gmail are automatically update. After a reboot android were very slow. if I don't connect my phone on the market, it's works perfectly after a soft reset.

Is it possible to desactivate the update ?
Old 12-22-2010, 07:04 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Google map update make me lag

Quote:
Originally Posted by damien50 View Post
Hi,
I have a little problem.
On fresh install of Xdandroid : When I connect my phone on the Market, google map and gmail are automatically update. After a reboot android were very slow. if I don't connect my phone on the market, it's works perfectly after a soft reset.

Is it possible to desactivate the update ?
It's probably just a coincidence, and the system_server process is just conveniently slaughtering your processor. It's not maps, I have 5.0 and it works fine.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:13 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

damien50 is a n00b

Yeah it's not google map, but when I connect my phone on the market and I download an application (astro file manager) the phone are very slow after a reboot. idea??

Ps : I use the driver for the 3D
Old 12-23-2010, 01:10 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Yeah it's not google map, but when I connect my phone on the market and I download an application (astro file manager) the phone are very slow after a reboot. idea??

Ps : I use the driver for the 3D
Other than making sure you're up to date, not really no.

There's a bug that seems to be occurring with more frequency - a process, system_server basically goes rogue and steals as many processor cycles as it can. This drags the phone to a screeching halt, as there's not many processor cycles leftover in the first place

Devs are lookin into it, hopefully they can track it down. Bugs are falling fast, and there'll probably be a period of cleanup after all this madness settles down. Can't halt the progress tho, it's movin like a freight train!
Old 12-24-2010, 01:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

damien50 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Other than making sure you're up to date, not really no.

There's a bug that seems to be occurring with more frequency - a process, system_server basically goes rogue and steals as many processor cycles as it can. This drags the phone to a screeching halt, as there's not many processor cycles leftover in the first place

Devs are lookin into it, hopefully they can track it down. Bugs are falling fast, and there'll probably be a period of cleanup after all this madness settles down. Can't halt the progress tho, it's movin like a freight train!
Can I kill him ? I see him with the command ps
Old 12-24-2010, 01:23 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Can I kill him ? I see him with the command ps
It'll reset your phone, but sure...
Old 12-24-2010, 01:32 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

damien50 is a n00b

ok thanks, I don't understand before android works fine, but now it fail after the second boot...
Old 12-24-2010, 02:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I'm not having that issue with the 3D drivers, but isn't making a call supposed to stop that server process from going nutty like that?
Old 12-24-2010, 02:56 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

damien50 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
I'm not having that issue with the 3D drivers, but isn't making a call supposed to stop that server process from going nutty like that?
I had try without 3D driver and I have always this problem.
My sdcard can be fail?
Old 12-24-2010, 03:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
I had try without 3D driver and I have always this problem.
My sdcard can be fail?
Possible. Android is said to work better on a freshly formatted card. The card speed will also affect android. What android build are you using?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2