PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Google map update make me lag (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=138737)

damien50 12-22-2010 06:45 PM

Google map update make me lag

Hi,
I have a little problem.
On fresh install of Xdandroid : When I connect my phone on the Market, google map and gmail are automatically update. After a reboot android were very slow. if I don't connect my phone on the market, it's works perfectly after a soft reset.

Is it possible to desactivate the update ?

arrrghhh 12-22-2010 07:04 PM

Re: Google map update make me lag

Quote:

Originally Posted by damien50 (Post 2018342)
Hi,
I have a little problem.
On fresh install of Xdandroid : When I connect my phone on the Market, google map and gmail are automatically update. After a reboot android were very slow. if I don't connect my phone on the market, it's works perfectly after a soft reset.

Is it possible to desactivate the update ?

It's probably just a coincidence, and the system_server process is just conveniently slaughtering your processor. It's not maps, I have 5.0 and it works fine.

damien50 12-22-2010 07:13 PM

Yeah it's not google map, but when I connect my phone on the market and I download an application (astro file manager) the phone are very slow after a reboot. idea??

Ps : I use the driver for the 3D

arrrghhh 12-23-2010 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damien50 (Post 2018365)
Yeah it's not google map, but when I connect my phone on the market and I download an application (astro file manager) the phone are very slow after a reboot. idea??

Ps : I use the driver for the 3D

Other than making sure you're up to date, not really no.

There's a bug that seems to be occurring with more frequency - a process, system_server basically goes rogue and steals as many processor cycles as it can. This drags the phone to a screeching halt, as there's not many processor cycles leftover in the first place :p

Devs are lookin into it, hopefully they can track it down. Bugs are falling fast, and there'll probably be a period of cleanup after all this madness settles down. Can't halt the progress tho, it's movin like a freight train!

damien50 12-24-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2018817)
Other than making sure you're up to date, not really no.

There's a bug that seems to be occurring with more frequency - a process, system_server basically goes rogue and steals as many processor cycles as it can. This drags the phone to a screeching halt, as there's not many processor cycles leftover in the first place :p

Devs are lookin into it, hopefully they can track it down. Bugs are falling fast, and there'll probably be a period of cleanup after all this madness settles down. Can't halt the progress tho, it's movin like a freight train!

Can I kill him ? I see him with the command ps

arrrghhh 12-24-2010 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damien50 (Post 2019382)
Can I kill him ? I see him with the command ps

It'll reset your phone, but sure...

damien50 12-24-2010 01:32 PM

ok thanks, I don't understand before android works fine, but now it fail after the second boot... :(

demonlordoftheround 12-24-2010 02:42 PM

I'm not having that issue with the 3D drivers, but isn't making a call supposed to stop that server process from going nutty like that?

damien50 12-24-2010 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround (Post 2019402)
I'm not having that issue with the 3D drivers, but isn't making a call supposed to stop that server process from going nutty like that?

I had try without 3D driver and I have always this problem.
My sdcard can be fail?

demonlordoftheround 12-24-2010 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damien50 (Post 2019408)
I had try without 3D driver and I have always this problem.
My sdcard can be fail?

Possible. Android is said to work better on a freshly formatted card. The card speed will also affect android. What android build are you using?