PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2011, 09:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Sprint

tomc585 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX04 - "Stable"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
re: airave, do you have the really older, older, or new one? i have the newer one that does 3g data too, and haven't had one reboot with the last two kernels.
its the 2nd generation samsung with the 1x data
Old 02-28-2011, 12:37 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomc585 View Post
its the 2nd generation samsung with the 1x data
Hmmm...interesting. I really don't think the latest Airave is causing reboots, since I'm not getting them (no reboots for the past 4 days or so). But the older ones? I can't say for sure, since I don't have any now.

Btw, you can call Sprint Retentions and ask them to upgrade yours to the latest. You can adjust the power output online too. Been pretty flawless over here.

Old 02-28-2011, 02:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None

hammester is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
Hmmm...interesting. I really don't think the latest Airave is causing reboots, since I'm not getting them (no reboots for the past 4 days or so). But the older ones? I can't say for sure, since I don't have any now.

Btw, you can call Sprint Retentions and ask them to upgrade yours to the latest. You can adjust the power output online too. Been pretty flawless over here.
How do you restrict the airwave to only allow certain numbers. I saw you can do it online where you can change the power output but I keep getting an error when trying to restrict it or put a zip code in. I am however allowed to change the power settings. Do you have to do anything special to restrict it?
Old 02-28-2011, 04:46 PM
Rockin' the Red!!

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammester View Post
How do you restrict the airwave to only allow certain numbers. I saw you can do it online where you can change the power output but I keep getting an error when trying to restrict it or put a zip code in. I am however allowed to change the power settings. Do you have to do anything special to restrict it?
Nothing special. I can change the power settings and add/remove phone numbers, but I couldn't restrict the zip code. Maybe try adding one number at a time?
Old 02-28-2011, 04:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I've noticed that it is only rebooting when I'm playing wordfeud while connected to the airave. Cant get it to use wifi (which would solve this problem). I try to search for networks and it attempts to scan then says it cant find any.
I looked for the wifi-nvran.txt file but it doesnt exist on my sdcard, should it? i tried to use one i found an edit the mac address but that didnt work either.

Last edited by tomc585; 02-28-2011 at 07:30 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:02 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
I've noticed that it is only rebooting when I'm playing wordfeud while connected to the airave. Cant get it to use wifi (which would solve this problem). I try to search for networks and it attempts to scan then says it cant find any.
I looked for the wifi-nvran.txt file but it doesnt exist on my sdcard, should it? i tried to use one i found an edit the mac address but that didnt work either.
No, that file is not on your SD card. Has wifi ever worked? Is your network hidden or secured using WEP?

No offense guys, but there is a lot of airave discussion in here. Perhaps it deserves its own thread (I don't have one...) Thanks!
Old 02-28-2011, 09:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
No, that file is not on your SD card. Has wifi ever worked? Is your network hidden or secured using WEP?
Never worked for me. My network is open and there are many others that are in my area. It wont even get past the "scanning" animation. Goes for about 5 secs stops then turns off the wifi. Am I supposed to have that file? if so where should it be? I read about the tilt phones putting it in the root of the sd and also in the andboot folder. Wheres yours and should I be using one from a sprint tp2?

Quote:
No offense guys, but there is a lot of airave discussion in here. Perhaps it deserves its own thread (I don't have one...) Thanks!
Sorry, thats my fault. I guess we strayed a little.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:49 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Never worked for me. My network is open and there are many others that are in my area. It wont even get past the "scanning" animation. Goes for about 5 secs stops then turns off the wifi. Am I supposed to have that file? if so where should it be? I read about the tilt phones putting it in the root of the sd and also in the andboot folder. Wheres yours and should I be using one from a sprint tp2?

Sorry, thats my fault. I guess we strayed a little.
np, threads sometimes get OT. I didn't mind it at first, but it really has digressed from general talk about the reboots, to just airaves . I'd just appreciate it if you guys created a new thread about airaves, because it honestly needs more attention as far as debugging goes... Some seem to have problems with them, others have none - be good to have a thread where people could discuss what is - or isn't - working for them, to hopefully resolve the issue.

As for the wifi issue, did you just download what was in the first post and go, or did you update it at all? Wifi can get broken if you update the kernel (zImage) and don't update the modules (modules-xxxxxx.tar.gz).

That's the most common pitfall for wifi. Other than that, there is a thread on how you can try to fix it - AFAIK the 210 was the only device effected by the issue. Here's the post on how to fix this issue - it's a little complex, just a heads up .
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
As for the wifi issue, did you just download what was in the first post and go, or did you update it at all?.
Thats all I did, worked right out of the box with what you packaged...(except for the wifi)

Quote:
That's the most common pitfall for wifi. Other than that, there is a thread on how you can try to fix it - AFAIK the 210 was the only device effected by the issue. Here's the post on how to fix this issue - it's a little complex, just a heads up .
I saw and tried those instructions but I figured out what i was doing wrong..
Worked for me on my Rhodium 400. Wasnt bad at all, I just didnt notice where the spaces were to be.
type su (press enter)
type cp(space) /sdcard/wifi-nvram.txt(space) /data/wifi-nvram.txt
Old 03-01-2011, 01:17 AM
Rockin' the Red!!

Quote:

Sorry for the tangent. Don't have one, eh? PM me if you want info on getting one...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development