PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2 > Android On The HD2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Is Android stable enough for YOUR daily use
Yes 17 62.96%
No 10 37.04%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2010, 12:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[POLL] Is Android stable enough for YOU for daily use

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

mgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuff
Re: [POLL] Is Android stable enough for YOU for daily use

I've been in Android 100% for about 3 or 4 straight days now...I think it's mostly ready for full time...
Old 08-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

moved to Android on HD2 subforum.

Yes I have been using Android 2.2 all out daily for about 2 weeks now with no issues.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:22 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I have had some minor problems thar make me vote no. Periodically i dont get emails in my subfolders and there are times when i have errors trying to send emails and texts. It is very close though.
Old 09-25-2010, 04:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2

MartyLK is a n00b

A lot of the latest releases are quite stable and ready for daily use. My favorite, and most stable, Nexus-based build is MCCM 1.5. I have no problems with it whatsoever. And the battery life is acceptable. But for a Sense-based build, I haven't experienced any Android build better than the Mdeejay v.1 Evo-based build. It is supremely stable, smooth and efficient. The battery life is nothing short of revolutionary for these card-based OSs. I'm seeing percentage drops of around 2 to 4 per hour. This build is my main and most prized build.

Sadly, the dev updated this Evo build to v.1.1 with a different kernal. I tried to use it but currently the wifi errors out.

I still have v.1 if anyone might want it. It isn't available at the dev's thread any longer.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:30 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

I don't consider it stable enough because I don't trust the sd card. I've had too many corrupt files with just regular hd2 use.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: MyTouch 3G

bmar08 is becoming a great contributor

ive been using it for a few weeks now. Im using mattcleofroyo 1.8 that i got from over at xda and wow i was shocked. everything has been smooth as can be with internet, email, the market and calls. the only thing that was a bit weak was battery life since it is running off of the sd card but after downloading setcpu and tweaking the settings everything is great. i get a good full day of active use out of my phone, internet and all. Im really excited for them talking about an actual ROM being in the works for it because i bet it will make it all that much better but love the Froyo on my HD2 and wouldnt trade it for anything.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile US

Buckaroo is a n00b

Overall, I'm pretty happy with Android on my HD2- It's been my daily driver for a couple of months now. The only lingering issues for me are:
- Battery life (although this is close)
- PPP disconnects.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:18 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
Overall, I'm pretty happy with Android on my HD2- It's been my daily driver for a couple of months now. The only lingering issues for me are:
- Battery life (although this is close)
- PPP disconnects.
on my current FRG83 CM6.1 build I am getting insane-good battery life. Give it a couple weeks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2 > Android On The HD2