PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WM6.5.x PPC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 10:46 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen
Re: WM 6.5 Custom Taskbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
Same here... I can't see those little lines on the blue globe, especially while I'm outside.
This is the one HTCLeener made and yes I am looking at making something easier to see for those who need to know when there data is active or not.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:03 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

So, I've tried to create my own taskbar icons and it's gone pretty well so far. The last snag I've hit is that I have changed the icons in htcvolumecontrol.dll but the icons don't show up in the task bar.

I remember in the initial development there was a second place for the speaker icons? I went through all the files that are included as original 6.5 files and didn't find the icons... what am I missing to change this over?
Old 05-28-2009, 03:29 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
So, I've tried to create my own taskbar icons and it's gone pretty well so far. The last snag I've hit is that I have changed the icons in htcvolumecontrol.dll but the icons don't show up in the task bar.

I remember in the initial development there was a second place for the speaker icons? I went through all the files that are included as original 6.5 files and didn't find the icons... what am I missing to change this over?
its the shellres dll
Old 05-28-2009, 04:25 PM
ShadowDrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
its the shellres dll
The icons in there didn't seem to match what I was seeing in my taskbar - I'm running Juicy's latest ROM. I tried replacing them anyway with no such luck.

In doing all of this, my OK buttons seem to have stopped appearing, but that doesn't matter so much to me. The X in the corner works just fine.

I've also worked to finally get tsowen's blue icons working, since he has neglected it for so long. With either icon set, this is what I've got right now (yeah I know the start icon is ugly, I'll improve it later).

Old 05-28-2009, 08:26 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post

Speaker icons are in 3 locations first being the HTCVolumecontrol.dll, second in the shellres.192.dll and third in the phcanOverbmp.dll

I haven't seen Juicy's rom but I have seen one 6.5 ROM Chef that used a shellres.192.dll.0409.mui instead of just the shellres.192.dll so check your files to make sure you don't have that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:31 PM
ShadowDrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
Speaker icons are in 3 locations first being the HTCVolumecontrol.dll, second in the shellres.192.dll and third in the phcanOverbmp.dll

I haven't seen Juicy's rom but I have seen one 6.5 ROM Chef that used a shellres.192.dll.0409.mui instead of just the shellres.192.dll so check your files to make sure you don't have that.
Much appreciated

Juicy doesn't appear to use shellres.192.dll.0409.mui so it has to be on phcanOverbmp.dll. I'll give that a shot at work tomorrow because I forgot to e-mail myself all of the files before I left work today.

Two additional questions - might you know why my OK buttons stopped appearing? I went with the "when in doubt, change the icon" scheme in getting these to work, but I never touched the OK icons, only Ev, 3G, and 1x. The way it is now, the OK buttons just stay as X's.

And does anyone have a clean windows logo around to use? The default windows icon for the start menu in 6.5 is 32x32 pixels for VGA. I made the replacement the same size and it looks a little smaller on the screen - but no big deal.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Deltatristar500 is keeping up the good workDeltatristar500 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltatristar500 View Post
Hi, I downloaded and installed the Tsowen taskbar 6 elite 6.5 beta version and notice that where the blue globe with the signal bars are supposted to be located only show my active sync green icon. When I turn off data connect its the blue globe with the bars but whenever I get data from my TP, the green active sync icon apears instead.

Plus any change to get the tsowentaskbar1.7 battery on the 6 elite for win 6.5? I love the upright battery withe the big numbers and cool glassy look
Has there been a solution for the signal icon to show instead of having bars in front of the active sync icon?
Old 05-29-2009, 01:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: windows 6.5
Carrier: DIGI

p_nair is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Exclamation Re: WM 6.5 Custom Taskbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
reserved 3
I'm using tsowentaskbar5v1.6 for my xperia. unfortunately, there's no 'gud looking' text msg, mms & m.soft msgr icon. can anybody post me the icons so i can edit my taskbar?

or is there any same kind of taskbar similar to the t.bar i have with the mentioned icons? i prefer the icons fron this t. bar cos it look more elegant & real compare to oth (no offence guys....)

plus, can i just replace this icons with the current default icons using resco explorer or. t. commander?

attached the icon so tht u guys can differenciate the icon i prefer....
if anybody out there can add in these icons the attached cab. file, it's much more appreciated. thanks in advance guys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg taskbar.jpg (12.0 KB, 246 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: cab tsowentaskbar5v1.6.cab (1.31 MB, 48 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by p_nair; 05-29-2009 at 01:55 AM.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:42 PM
ShadowDrake

Alright, I ported your v3 taskbar, tsowen... I'll post it here, if you don't mind.

A NOTE TO ALL:

This does not have the same polish and level of finish as one of tsowen's real releases. The icons contained within are completely his work, all I have done is add them to the 6.5 dll files. I took the approach of "when in doubt, just change it" while doing this, so there may be unforseen issues on other ROMs and other set-ups.

Right now, there is only one major issue - the OK button stops appearing - it just stays as an X. Yes, the windows icon is ugly but it doesn't look as bad on the device.

Included is:

-Icon set from tsowen's 3v1.4 taskbar icons. (NO BLUETOOTH/HEADSET ICONS! These are easy enough for anyone to change as they are just .bmp files). Icons included: Ev/1x icons, signal icons, speaker icons, notification icons (e-mail, text, voicemail, multiple).

Things I left out: Speakerphone icon, Start menu icon, battery + charging icons, activesync icons, partial wifi icons (because they never worked properly originally anyway).

-FInixNOver's battery icons ONLY (no charging icon). 0-100% support. You will have to modify the registry yourself for now

-Windows XP logo scaled down as start menu icon (I just wanted color in the 6.5 icon)

I do plan on making this a .cab and cleaning up some of the issues, but I don't have a .cab creator here at work. Again, I take no credit for the creation of the icons, that goes to tsowen. If there are any issues with this, I will gladly comply and remove the files. This is pretty much for the person who needs their v3 taskbar fix and can't take the stock icons any more

Attached Files
File Type: rar tsowentaskbar3 for Juicy7 .rar (576.1 KB, 67 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-29-2009, 08:11 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

@ any1,

for sum reason i'm having troubles w/ sum of the dlls in 6.5.
im running qvga, nfsfan v8 rom.
my signal icons in the cdma r??.dll i changed an put in windows, but nothing. i also changed the few signal icons in the shellres dll an nothing.

if any1 has any ideas of where i should look, thank you
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WM6.5.x PPC Themes