PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WM6.5.x PPC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2010, 04:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TD2
Carrier: Indosat

negawolf is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Custom Taskbar

hy tsowen, I've just installing tsowen taskbar 3v1.5 for wm6.5 (the battery is number only). I'm using HD2, and it's works fine and I like it...but, the sms icon is unskinned..is it possible to get it skinned?
Old 06-21-2010, 09:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate (GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Without having to read through the whole thread, will TSOwens' taskbar work on a GSM Tilt 2? It would be helpful to have this info on the first download post of any taskbars. Thanks.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:29 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_Son View Post
Without having to read through the whole thread, will TSOwens' taskbar work on a GSM Tilt 2? It would be helpful to have this info on the first download post of any taskbars. Thanks.
You would be better off checking the taskbar threads over at xda.
Most taskbars are GSM or CDMA only unless the developer specifically says otherwise.

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 06-21-2010, 11:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate (GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn View Post
You would be better off checking the taskbar threads over at xda.
Most taskbars are GSM or CDMA only unless the developer specifically says otherwise.
That's the problem, I don't see it mentioned here on the first post. I figure it is CDMA because there is a file with that in the name in the zip archive. It would be nice if anyone posting up stuff like this would clearly state what system it works with. XDA tends to lump several phone models into one subforum and it gets really hard to tell what stuff works on which phone. For instance, right now the Tilt 2, Touch Pro, HD2, GSM and CDMA models are all in the same place. Makes it kind of hard to know what works with what. Just sayin'.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:00 AM
DroidX_ZombieStomped

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_Son View Post
That's the problem, I don't see it mentioned here on the first post. I figure it is CDMA because there is a file with that in the name in the zip archive. It would be nice if anyone posting up stuff like this would clearly state what system it works with. XDA tends to lump several phone models into one subforum and it gets really hard to tell what stuff works on which phone. For instance, right now the Tilt 2, Touch Pro, HD2, GSM and CDMA models are all in the same place. Makes it kind of hard to know what works with what. Just sayin'.
Most taskbars are not device specific, about any taskbars for the HD2, Diamond 2, Tilt 2, Pure, Rhodium, pretty much any WVGA Device and most VGA, will work fine for your phone. and since XDA is primarily GSM they are not hard to come by.
The bad part is the developer that makes it usually puts it in his or her device thread even tho it will work for many devices. So it makes it kinda hard to search for.
Right now you best bet is prolly the HD2 thread cause its the latest greatest device and is getting the most development.

Oh and one more thing sometimes you need to pay attention to if they specify WM 6.5 or WM 6.5.x.
I have noticed some of the 6.5.x taskbars look slightly smaller than the 6.5 ones.

Anyway.... Hope this helps!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=626188

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hlight=taskbar

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=679518

Heres a few threads to get you startted!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

southernSTYLE is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinpwhite View Post
I would appreciate some help please !

I am running WM6.5 on a Toshiba TG01 and am trying unsuccessfully to be able to edit the shellres.192.dll file to amend the Start Button icon among others.

The recognised standard Taskbar replacements from TS Owen and GFreek install absolutely fine.

I have used the standard process of:
- Extract file off the device using ROMExtractor
- Unsign
- Edit; eg. Including replacing one or more icons with ones to identical sizing as originals
- Resign (using latest 2010 certificate files)
- Make sure SDCerts is installed on the device
- Replace to device via uSD card using Resco or Total Commander (I've tried both)
- Soft reset

I have also extracted the .dll from both GFreek's and TSOwen's Taskbars using WinCE CAB Manager and tried both editing and inserting as above or simply placing direct onto the device without opening. None of the above work; the end result is always that the device ends up booting after the SR to unuseable state without Start icon and usually no top bar icons at all.

I have also tried as an experiment the following:
- Hard reset and boot
- Extract base shellres.192.dll from ROM
- Lift to PC; unsign, re-sign and reinsert
- Re-insert totally untouched

Result - failure

And finally, the most basic process....
- Hard reset and boot
- Extract base shellres.192.dll from ROM
- Re-insert totally untouched

Result - once again total failure.

This suggests that there is something really fundamental I am missing in the whole process.....

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated
went through this problem this is what I had to do to get the speaker icon

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=40
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:26 PM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Guys, I'm starting to get the urge to create again...

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 06-29-2010, 08:26 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
guys, i'm starting to get the urge to create again... :-d
woo-hoo!!!!
Glad to hear it gadget! Maybe you can get this thread going again.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:32 AM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

I've gotta start getting some idea of what direction I want to go with it, but I'm leaning towards something that doesn't have borders on the icon base, or to eliminate the background entirely.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:19 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
I've gotta start getting some idea of what direction I want to go with it, but I'm leaning towards something that doesn't have borders on the icon base, or to eliminate the background entirely.
That sounds cool,
as long as it 100% works then im happy. Its getting pretty hard to find perfect working taskbars anymore.
This is my current one, and it all works but it takes 3 cabs to get it to work right.
Im also partial to the 3G signal icon instaed of the Ev icon, but they're hard to find as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010 06 30_12 17 25_0002_111g.jpg (61.7 KB, 529 views) Click for barcode!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WM6.5.x PPC Themes