PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2009, 03:18 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Shazam trial app from the marketplace

Greetings. I made up a cab for Shazam from the U.K marketplace. This is the trial version which allows you to identify 5 songs a month for free. Since this from the U.K region MP, i dont believe it'll let you purchase the full version, but i figured the trial is better than what we have here on the U.S marketplace which is no Shazam. I cant guarentee this cab will work since i made it from the app installed on my Touch Pro, but it's worth a try. It does uninstall, so no worries there. Im hoping whoever tries it can report back and let us know how it worked for you. Thanks,
dschoenike

Well, i was able to download and install it on my old mogul, and it works wonderfully. So i can now say "it does work" tested on both sprints' network and wifi. Very fast I.D times also. It got Steve Winwoods "Valerie" in 9 seconds. Cool.

I pulled the download due to possible copyright/permission issues. It'll be on the U.S marketplace one of these days.

Last edited by dschoenike; 11-11-2009 at 08:39 PM. Reason: results after testing on other device
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:40 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Threadstarter

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Shazam trial app from the marketplace

Another interesting thing i just noticed, if you reinstall this app, it resets itself. So i guess in theory, it could be a never ending unlimited trial. Not that i'm encouraging it, im just sayin'
dschoenike
Old 11-10-2009, 08:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Existentialism is keeping up the good workExistentialism is keeping up the good work

They need to hurry up and release this in the american app store. Midomi is just not cutting it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Existentialism View Post
They need to hurry up and release this in the american app store. Midomi is just not cutting it.
I totally agree. Ive tried both, and shazam has been the better of the 2 by far, for me. Did you try the download i posted? Im all for supporting software and its developers, but i cant see myself tagging more than 5 songs a month. I think this trial version will be my permanent version.
dschoenike
Im hoping the cab i made is working well for those who tried it.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: bell

frentraken is becoming a great contributor

If it makes you feel better mine doesn't show either presumably because I'm in Canada.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Existentialism is keeping up the good workExistentialism is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
I totally agree. Ive tried both, and shazam has been the better of the 2 by far, for me. Did you try the download i posted? Im all for supporting software and its developers, but i cant see myself tagging more than 5 songs a month. I think this trial version will be my permanent version.
dschoenike
Im hoping the cab i made is working well for those who tried it.

I'll try it out. Maybe you're right. I doubt I'll use it more than 5 times a month as well.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC otuch pro 2

Humble1 is a n00b

How ca i try shazam. where can i ge for00c touch pro.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:09 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Threadstarter

its available for download, both trial and full version, on the windows mobile marketplace.
dschoenike
Old 12-01-2009, 12:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

higher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhigher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhigher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by frentraken View Post
If it makes you feel better mine doesn't show either presumably because I'm in Canada.
its there now for downloading

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Tags
app