PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2009, 01:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung IP-830 HTC 6800(mogul) HTC 6900 (Vouge) HTC Fuze
Carrier: ALLTEL/Verizon Vogue 6.5 and AT&T EnergyROM 3.0

rdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
FlashBack 0.7 |Backup & autorestore for hardcore Flashers/Cooks

I flash a lot... also my PPC as well and this app seemed pretty handy and a solid work in progress saving 6.5.1 and tf3d 2 and 2.1 setting. It also handles some games and tools as well. Check it out

BTW I searched and didnt see this posted...give me a digital slap to the face if it was

Quoted from the apps creator...
UPDATE: 11-1-09
-Added dotFred's Taskmanager EXT package which is REQUIRED package. Sorry I thought that it was included in my FlashBack package. This will fix issue with no reg keys being made.
-Updating cab with dotFred's taskmanager as well.
-

I have been working on this little mortscript for a while now, constantly updating as I find more things to add. It has been one of my most valuable and timesaving tools which I cook into all of my ROMs. It allows a user to backup many items which you would have to input and change manually upon first boot. This saves me a LOT of time as I flash a new ROM just about daily. It also has the ability to autorestore all items if cooked into the ROM. I am not a programmer, so if anyone is interested in turning this into an actual program rather than mortscript please let me know Also, I am no mortscript wizard, so if anyone would like to have at the original to make it better go for it This software will create a folder in root of Storage Card named "Phone Backup", so it may not work if you do not have a Storage Card (does not support localization currently). Also, take note that although I use this quite frequently I do not guarantee it to work fully for you. I will try to work with you to find solutions when possible.
Without the help of Noonski, and many others this script could not exist. So thank you very much
You might be thinking "What do I need this for if I can use SASHIMI or UC or any of the other available autoconfig programs?". This app is not meant to be a replacement for any of these programs, rather it will work hand-in-hand with most of these to backup and restore items easily that you might not think about. It will also autoload manila in 6.5 ROMs and load your prefered wallpaper, weather, program tab preferences, and much more.
Original thread can be found HERE. I have started this new thread in attempt to reorganize and provide easy access to more information. Note to mods: please close previous thread.

Post #2 = Full list of items you can backup.
Post #3 = Changelogs and planned features (Current changelog will be in post 1)
Post #4 = Information for cooks (required reading)
Post #5 = Known bugs and issues

Cab and OEM attached below. OEM is for Visual kitchen, Legacy package can be provided upon request. Mortscipt 4.2 or newer may be required although it does use a mortrunner which should be able to run the file just fine as far as I know.If you find this software useful, consider a donation to motivate the author to improve it

Full list of items that can be backed up

Personal Info:
  • Backlight settings
  • Volume
  • Button configuration
  • HTC Uploader login
  • Owner Info
  • Wifi (in progress, not working fully)
  • Bluetooth Partners (in progress)

Manila:
  • Contact Card
  • Weather
  • Wallpaper
  • Internet Tab (push pages)
  • Program Launcher
  • Worrld Clock
  • AudioManager playlists
Software:
  • Resco Explorer key
  • G-Alarm
  • G-Profile
  • Titanium Weather
  • Thumbcal
  • SSmaHo Setup
  • SKTools
  • Lumos
  • WifiLocations
  • The Weather Channel
  • Music ID
  • MySpace
Games:
  • Collapse Chaos
  • Teeter
  • Resco Bubbles
  • Bejeweled 2
  • Meon
  • Assassins Creed 2
  • Asterix and Obelix ~ Cleopatra
  • Boom Blox
  • Build-a-lot
Opera Browser:
  • Opera.ini
  • Cache
  • Passwords
  • Bookmarks
  • Cookies
Opera Tools:
  • Clear cache
  • Delete Cookies
  • Real Exit (to save RAM)
  • Push Internet (enable\disable. Could also be in Manila category)
Other Tools:
  • AutoRestore settings
  • Manila Autoload
  • Hardware keyboard setting and backup (tested on Touch Pro)
  • Zensor Autoload
  • Delete All backups (use caution)
  • NoLumos will disable Lumos when cooked into ROM (for ROM chefs)
OP http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=577728
Attached Files
File Type: cab Chrome Flashback 0.7.cab (323.3 KB, 38 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip dotFred Task Manager.zip (205.5 KB, 24 views) Click for barcode!

IF I WAS HELPFUL HIT THE BUTTON!!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

jason559 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to jason559 Send a message via MSN to jason559
Re: FlashBack 0.7 |Backup & autorestore for hardcore Flashers/Cooks

A way to keep facebook associations in manilla
Old 11-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

mwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good work

hopefully someone can help me out...i cant get this program to launch...it sounds very useful so im hoping i can get it to work
Old 11-30-2009, 06:16 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

LOVE this app, looking forward to the next release!

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 11-30-2009, 06:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung IP-830 HTC 6800(mogul) HTC 6900 (Vouge) HTC Fuze
Carrier: ALLTEL/Verizon Vogue 6.5 and AT&T EnergyROM 3.0
Threadstarter

rdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwrood View Post
hopefully someone can help me out...i cant get this program to launch...it sounds very useful so im hoping i can get it to work
What ROM are you running? Its hard to help knowing nothing.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

mwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdavidsmith View Post
What ROM are you running? Its hard to help knowing nothing.
hey, sorry about that, i figured it out...i needed mortscript installed...question tho...when u backup things like the world clock and weather, how do u restore these bc its not letting me...it keeps saying that the original file cannot be overwritten

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software