PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 12:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best program for audio books

Anyone know the best audio program to deal with audio books. They are either a huge amount of small MP3s or one large MP3 and need the ability to bookmark your location so you can come back. Any suggestions?
Old 10-28-2009, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jasonsf is keeping up the good workjasonsf is keeping up the good work
Re: Best program for audio books

I use Kinoma. It remembers where you were in a file, but I'm not sure you can resume a playlist where you left off or not. I don't do too many mp3 audiobooks. It works great with Audible. Try out the free version and see if it works for you.

Jason
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:48 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Search for nitrogen. Its all i use for audiobooks that have a huge amount of mp3 files. itll autosave your last position (which will survive a softreset). i listen to audiobooks everyday, and if its not from audible.com, nitrogen is the way to go..
dschoenike

Old 10-28-2009, 03:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Existentialism is keeping up the good workExistentialism is keeping up the good work

I use the Audibleplayer, have been using it for years/ It autosaves your last position and restarts play a few seconds back which helps keep things flowing right when you restart. Couple that with the audible service, you can use AudibleAir to download any and all of your audiobooks over the air from your online library. It's just pure win. The only drawback, is that it can be somewhat slow to load.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Threadstarter

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
Search for nitrogen. Its all i use for audiobooks that have a huge amount of mp3 files. itll autosave your last position (which will survive a softreset). i listen to audiobooks everyday, and if its not from audible.com, nitrogen is the way to go..
dschoenike
Great suggestion man. Just check this bad boy out and its very clean and just what I was looking for. I remember about a year ago people raving about Nitrogen but I was not crazy about it. They really have made the UI much cleaner.

I now use TF3Ds music player for music playback and nitrogen strictly for audio books. Thanks much!
Old 10-28-2009, 07:48 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
Great suggestion man. Just check this bad boy out and its very clean and just what I was looking for. I remember about a year ago people raving about Nitrogen but I was not crazy about it. They really have made the UI much cleaner.

I now use TF3Ds music player for music playback and nitrogen strictly for audio books. Thanks much!
very welcome. glad you found it as useful as i do
Old 10-29-2009, 06:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sony Ericsson Xperia X1i
Carrier: ATT

BuddyLee is a n00b

I use kinoma
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software