PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2007, 02:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

jbcook is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bitrate too high?

This is very cool. However, I tried several and they are all greater than 400k. Even though I have EVDO speed, my 6700 buffers a lot. When I stream from my orb server, I can reliably stream 200k or less. Is there any way you can lower the bitrate or have a slower secondary link?
Old 10-02-2007, 10:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

KMyers is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcook View Post
This is very cool. However, I tried several and they are all greater than 400k. Even though I have EVDO speed, my 6700 buffers a lot. When I stream from my orb server, I can reliably stream 200k or less. Is there any way you can lower the bitrate or have a slower secondary link?
I know the feeling, I am working on adding lower stremes as well (56-128 k), But some of the stations dont offer this. I do not own any off the stations, so I cannot alter them
Check it out for the latest Media Content

PPC 6700 (Sprint)
Old 10-03-2007, 09:04 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone 6+
Carrier: AT&T

JackSchitt28 is keeping up the good workJackSchitt28 is keeping up the good work
works great on my 700wx. keep up the good work and thanks.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:19 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMyers View Post
I Have not tested on Mogul(WM6), Howver if you set up the PPC to use Windfows Media Player to play the .wmv stremes, It will work
do you have any tips for this? when i go to WMP options, it only gives me 3 protocols to select from UDP, TCP, HTTP... i dont see any other configurable options.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

KMyers is a n00b
I will shortly have the system show the Format and Bitrate to help people who are using Edge and Slower to select the best streams

Adding the Format for those who use alternate Media Applications (TCMP) to also use the site
Old 10-03-2007, 10:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

KMyers is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
do you have any tips for this? when i go to WMP options, it only gives me 3 protocols to select from UDP, TCP, HTTP... i dont see any other configurable options.
Its in the Registry, You will have to google the keys
Old 10-03-2007, 10:30 AM
Post Master General

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Woohoo nice move Kmyers much appreciated! Keep up the great work man.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

KMyers is a n00b
I just pushed the first set of Updates, About 1/3 of the stations now have the Format and Bitrate Listed (Television)

I also added a few .nl stations (Television)
Old 10-03-2007, 12:43 PM
Post Master General

Man you work fast, thanks KM
Old 10-03-2007, 03:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

KMyers is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
Man you work fast, thanks KM
Actually I dont, the framework for the page has taken me over 4 months to create, it is compleatly powered by MySQL and PHP. In all honestly I just added 8 lines of code to add the 2 additional options

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software