PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 08:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

mwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
throttle lock question

hello all...i had a quick question regarding throttle lock...the reason im using it is as an alternative to s2u2 bc that is a battery hog on my tp2...i was wondering if anyone knows through experience whether or not throttlelock will consume less battery power...also, is there a way to get it to lock whenever u put the phone into "sleep" mode (pressing the top power button to shut off the screen)...thats really the only thing i want to use it for...for example, when i press the top power button and the screen goes off, how do i get throttlelock to be whats on the screen when i "wake" the phone back up...it seems to me that the only options are to have it activate once u restart (power off and on) the phone or by pressing the throttle lock icon...i would find it very more useful if u could use it like s2u2 (turn screen off and tada!!! theres throttlelock)...can anyone help???
Old 10-27-2009, 12:03 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: throttle lock question

Try LockMeLite. It does everything you ask and is fast.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

mwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good work

uhow does lockmelite perform as far asbattery consumption goes
Old 10-27-2009, 12:47 PM
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

So far I haven't noticed anything. It's just a simple locking app that if the screen was powered off it opens up.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
So far I haven't noticed anything. It's just a simple locking app that if the screen was powered off it opens up.
I might have to check that program out myself.

To OP:
I like throttle lock, it's not bad with battery consumption, atleast on my TP1.
which battery life sucks anyways.

but there should be two different options in your start menu (or in program files folder). one will be throttle lock, it'll lock the phone.
the other is the settings, there is a setting in there somewhere with an option to have it lock how you want it to.
Not sure exactly where as I don't lock my phone anymore.
personally don't care now that I can track it if it gets stolen.heh
Old 10-27-2009, 06:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

MROBVIOUS---that program is actually pretty cool and usefull but like u said, when u shut the screen off it opens the program...my question is, when the program is running (with the screen off) is it draining the battery power, or does the program actually start runnint when u turn the screen back on

CODYBEAR---im not so much using the lock programs for if my phone gets stolen, more so i dont accidentally press buttons if my phone wakes up n my pocket...but just out of curiosity, what program do u use to track ur phone
Old 10-28-2009, 12:02 AM
I see you have a PPC.

I'm not sure of the answer but it doesn't really drain battery if it's in use.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software