PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: After viewing the article are you interested in getting this shell?
Most definately! 21 53.85%
No. 11 28.21%
I have my doubts. 2 5.13%
I am a little curious to learn more. 5 12.82%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 12:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: verizon

rfarrah is keeping up the good workrfarrah is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SPB Mobile Shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by caine14 View Post
hi there can i ask u some question about spb 3.0 how can i change themes for my spb
Sure, go ahead and ask. You might search a little first, but if you run into trouble...ask!
Old 11-06-2009, 02:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

rawintellect is keeping up the good workrawintellect is keeping up the good work

Updated the first post with my inital thoughts on version 3.5.1
Old 11-06-2009, 11:46 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by keland44 View Post
i had been lookin for three days on how to back up settings with MS thanks.
Settings; Spb Mobile Shell; [right soft-key]>> Backup Settings

Oops. Sorry. Realized you were just thanking them for the instructions. I don't know what I was reading.

Last edited by Trident; 11-08-2009 at 05:32 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rawintellect is keeping up the good workrawintellect is keeping up the good work

I tested the bug I found earlier and it still exists with version 3.5.1: that being you have to run some kind of memory cleaner in order to run a 3-d accelerator app after you enable and use the 3-d carousel with 3d acceleration turned on.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

New bug found/fixed (well worked around) I will update the first post with this info.

Problem:

When you try to use Opera 9.7 beta while using SPB Mobile Shell the Opera splash screen comes up but Opera never starts.

Solution:

Use Sk Tools "Free Up Ram" prior to using Opera 9.7 beta. My guess (and yes it's a guess lol) is that 9.7 beta uses 3-d acceleration. See my previous post regarding trying to play games like xtract.

In short it seems that MS does not release the 3d-acceleration so you have to "force" it to release before playing games or using opera 9.7 beta. Hope this helps.

If it does...thank me! (click it kids lol)
Old 11-10-2009, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Updated first post with pics of a new registry edit to get Skyfire and/or Opera 9.7b into the internet launch menu and the workaround to get Opera 9.7b to work with MS 3.5.1
Old 11-10-2009, 03:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Updated first post to provide a link to download 3.5.1 RC (replaces beta)

Last edited by rawintellect; 11-10-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:12 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey

Does anybody have the .cab installer file for version 2 of Mobile Shell?
Old 01-17-2010, 09:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedog View Post
I installed the 10 demo earlier today and while the first glimpse of MS was impressive, I'm finding that I'm not all that impressed. First off, I wanted to put the updating stock quotes that are on the tf3d scroll bar onto my desktop but I can't them the routine that does that anywhere. Second, immediately after installing MS on my Imagio my voicemail and messaging starting going whacko but they seem to have stablized now. Third, they offer very limited options for the desktop weather and the closest city near the small town where I live is over 80 miles away so that weather doesn't do me any good. I looked all over to find how to put in my local weather but couldn't find a way to do it. I downloaded the ms guide pdf and there is also nothing at all in there about how to add your local weather. Fourth, I now have an icon on the top taskbar to the right of the connection icon, I have no idea what it is and no idea how to get rid of it. Again, I looked all through the ms guide to find out what it is and there is nothing in there about it.

The Imagio does run faster with ms 3.5 but fast is pointless when I can't get the apps I need, remove icons that I don't need and when messaging and voicemail seems that it may be compromised. All in all I'm not a terribly happy camper. I'm going to play a little more with it tonight but I'll probably be removing it within the next day or so unless I can find out how to make this thing do what I need for it to do. TF3D may not be quite as fast but it does do the things I need for it to do and it makes it easy for me to get to those things.

R
it's not a solution for everyone but better than i have found, it also works much better with stock roms as it was designed. It also allows you to switch back to TF3D and doesn't require you to delete your OS..So maybe not ideal for some but does everything i need it to do. I would also imagine that they would probably make a stock ticker wdget if prompted
Old 01-17-2010, 09:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawintellect View Post
Just so everyone doesn't think I'm cheering for SPB like they're my kid in a football game I will say I found a problem that no one else has listed. When you have the 3d carousel <sp?> view on using the 3d accelerator you have to clear the memory in order to run a 3d game like Xtract.

Can someone else confirm this bug?
had the bug before Mobile Shell on mine when running custom rom

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Tags
spb mobile shell