PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2009, 09:44 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: One CAB - Opera Mini v4.2/v5.0 and Gmail v2.06 - All Latest Versions

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
sweet. thread is alive. i'll be waiting for the new opera5beta2 + opera mini cab. thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfeny View Post
Heres the .jar file for opera mini beta 2, just delete the .rar

I got it from here http://www.opera.com/mini/next/
Hey guys, are you looking for the all in one cab. here you go: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=17
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:05 AM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Hey guys, are you looking for the all in one cab. here you go: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=17
well i want gmail built into the cab too. so it will install both mini5+Gmail

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)
Old 12-05-2009, 12:23 AM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

bump
for update
Old 12-06-2009, 12:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Fuze, Elfin
Carrier: Rogers

dsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuffdsi76 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfeny View Post
yea me too but whenever i use opera mini 4.2 to go on ppcgeeks I'm signed in with other ppls accounts

This happens because the Opera Mini was cabbed up after the original poster had gone past the first security prompt. I had this problem the first time I cooked my public ROMs with Opera Mini. You must not use an Opera Mini CAB that has already been customized with bookmarks, settings etc. (ie. already bypassed the security prompt by the cooker/cabber), because somehow it does weird things to people's accounts and is not safe.

To the original poster, when you make the Opera Mini CAB, use a fresh unused state. ie. when the 1st security warning comes on, terminate the program and then CAB it. It will then be safe for use for other users. Otherwise you will have unpredictable things, as mentioned above.

When Opera Mini 4.2 was released, many cooks such as myself made the mistake of cooking in custom bookmarks and black skin for Opera Mini. The effect was that people would go into sites like Facebook and be automatically logged into some other guy's account! Another guy on XDA had to shut down his account because everyone using Mini was automatically logged in as him when browsing xda-developers.com..

To those of you already using these CABs, please uninstall them NOW until our friendly original poster updates them. Just want you all to be aware, and safe. This is a huge security concern unfortunately.

Last edited by dsi76; 12-06-2009 at 12:15 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HERO
Threadstarter

Vip3rV333 is keeping up the good workVip3rV333 is keeping up the good workVip3rV333 is keeping up the good work

Thanks for the reply dsi76...

I am doing more testing with all the latest versions of all the apps and Jbed, to fix that issue with the accounts being signed in, and the bug were it just keeps refreshing pages... should be out in the next few days.

You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
- Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto WWII

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

Treo 650 -> Mogul -> Touch -> Diamond -> Treo Pro -> Touch Pro
Old 12-10-2009, 04:00 AM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)

thanks, waiting for release
Old 01-03-2010, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800
Carrier: Alltel

boblpn is just getting started
Question Re: Opera

Questions regarding Opera v. IE, installing, etc.

I'm running dcd 4.1.2, and frankly don't have any intention of changing, due to the simplicity and bare bones of his build.

dcd includes IE, however, I read that a lot of users prefer Opera over IE.

I recently reflashed to 4.1.2 and also downloaded an Opera cab (possibly the wrong one; because when I went to install / extract the .cab from my SD card, all the files were extracted within the file that I thought was just the .cab).

My concerns / questions are these:

1. If I want to experiment with / try Opera, can I install it over IE or does it take the place of IE when I extract the .cab for installation?, or will I have a choice of either IE or Opera as seperate programs to switch back and forth as I choose?

2. Can someone provide the Opera .cab that doesn't automatically extract when I'm intending to extract / install it when I click the file?

3. Is there anything else I should know regarding installing / using Opera that is not common knowledge to noobs.

Thank you

Last edited by boblpn; 01-03-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

1. If you install Opera it will not replace IE, you will have both
2. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=486502
3. try the same link as above and there should be some info on there but as far as installing all you do is install the .cab and when its done run it from the programs list
Old 01-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: MPCS

sak50 is a n00b
Exclamation Re: One CAB - Opera Mini v4.2/v5.0 and Gmail v2.06 - All Latest Versions

will the OperaMini v4.2 - v5.0 and Gmail v2.06.cab work on the first gen Moto Q. and does it have jbed java 5.1 installed with it? thanks
Old 01-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motorola
Carrier: Personal

Thomas_BA is a n00b

I have Opera 4.2 installed and i think it has the latest jbed Java included. Running perfect on my Moto Q8 GSM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software