PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 02:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)
Carrier: Sprint

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s
MyspaceIM

I've searched through many IM clients available for my TP and none have been able to use MyspaceIM effectively. The only two I've found that support it are Ebuddy (buggy as HELL, but seemed to WANT to work the best) and IM+ (useless for MyspaceIM since it logs me in and doesn't show any buddies).

Is there any other IM clients that have MyspaceIM?? or even a standalone myspaceIM app??

I need this to talk to a cute Polish chick while I'm at work, help me out

I already favor Palringo or Slick for just AIM/Yahoo/MSN
Old 10-04-2009, 02:47 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Re: MyspaceIM

This one is available in Beta for Windows Mobile and is pretty slick.
Looks like it will become a pay app. later.

http://www.beejive.com/winmo/

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 10-04-2009, 02:49 AM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Hello, I'm not sure but for IM+, download Myspace IM on your desktop and add contacts to it, then when you log on IM+ you'll be able to see your myspace buddies using web or desktop based IM people :] hope that helped as i had same issue but not sure about the loggin in and out issue.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
This one is available in Beta for Windows Mobile and is pretty slick.
Looks like it will become a pay app. later.

http://www.beejive.com/winmo/
Yeah beejive never opens for me, it just crashes. Should I download the PocketPC and not the Smartphone one??

Quote:
Originally Posted by philluvzashley View Post
Hello, I'm not sure but for IM+, download Myspace IM on your desktop and add contacts to it, then when you log on IM+ you'll be able to see your myspace buddies using web or desktop based IM people :] hope that helped as i had same issue but not sure about the loggin in and out issue.
That's a good idea to hold me over for now, I did get ebuddy to be less buggy but no one is on so I don't know if it's truly working 100%

Edit:Yeah your method of using the windows IM client seems to work, I was able to see her name on there. of course she's offline but I'll find out tomorrow when she get's online. Thanks alot!!

(though a dedicated myspaceIM app would be awesome if someone has one)

Last edited by iviyth0s; 10-04-2009 at 03:15 AM.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:57 AM
"MODS"

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Yes, the PPC version. Also it is permanent Beta and won't ever charge for it.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:06 AM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Yes, you only to download the myspace IM to your desktop to add your contact's, from there on you won't ever need it unless you need to add more people, feel free to hit thanks if it helped you :]
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:20 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Yes, the PPC version. Also it is permanent Beta and won't ever charge for it.
'kay I'll go try that now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by philluvzashley View Post
Yes, you only to download the myspace IM to your desktop to add your contact's, from there on you won't ever need it unless you need to add more people, feel free to hit thanks if it helped you :]
Yeah double thanks for you and potentially santod as well if I can get B-Jive to work
Old 10-04-2009, 01:26 PM
"MODS"

Just thought I'd point out, that MySpace is also currently working on a MySpace IM application. Similar to the Facebook app. Here is a little info. about it. I know this doesn't help anyone right away though.

MySpace is working on a Windows Mobile app to provide near desktop experience on a phone. The app will be available on Windows Mobile version 6.1 (or 6.5) phone by summer’s end.
The app then will be featured on Microsoft Windows Marketplace. Some committed manufacturers such HTC and LG will install the app on their new Windows phones.
Since MySpace endorses Microsoft Silverlight for their application platform. I am not so sure if Windows Mobile will have Silverlight support by then.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Zap! is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
MySpace is working on a Windows Mobile app to provide near desktop experience on a phone. The app will be available on Windows Mobile version 6.1 (or 6.5) phone by summer’s end.
So where is it?
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3924/signaturekny.png
Old 10-04-2009, 09:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G/U301 USB Card

gprimr1 is becoming a great contributor

Yeah, they've been posting that app thing since April or May. Starting to think it's vapor ware.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software