PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2009, 05:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)
Carrier: Sprint

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s
Skyfire VGA??

Does anyone know if there will ever be a VGA Skyfire?? I love skyfire's speed and capabilities but it's hard to read text on it because it runs at QVGA resolution.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Re: Skyfire VGA??

Good question, that has been asked over and over again. Hard to understand why the developers at Skyfire don't recognize all of us VGA users out here. I have been trying to use Skyfire regularly for almost two years ... and still get frustrated. In fairness, they have made some improvements, especially to the home page. That being said, Opera seems to be gaining on them ...
Old 10-02-2009, 07:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
Good question, that has been asked over and over again. Hard to understand why the developers at Skyfire don't recognize all of us VGA users out here. I have been trying to use Skyfire regularly for almost two years ... and still get frustrated. In fairness, they have made some improvements, especially to the home page. That being said, Opera seems to be gaining on them ...
Yeah I mean my primary browser is Iris right now, and other than the tab feature. I think I'd choose Skyfire over it in a heartbeat if it were VGA. Iris isn't exactly the speed king. I use Opera Mini for select websites where the mobile site is just as good.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:04 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

As stated by the Skyfire Community Manager,

"No, there isn't a fix at this time. Better support for these higher resolution screens is on the roadmap."

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 10-03-2009, 10:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
As stated by the Skyfire Community Manager,

"No, there isn't a fix at this time. Better support for these higher resolution screens is on the roadmap."
Sweet , I look forward to that down the road then
Old 10-03-2009, 10:50 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

been VGA for a while...
http://pocketnow.com/tech-news/skyfi...th-vga-devices
Old 10-03-2009, 10:58 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

I thought it was auto-scaling .
Old 10-03-2009, 11:06 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

It does auto scale and will work on VGA and WVGA screens. However, the QVGA image is essentially double-pixeled to fit VGA resolutions(WVGA as well). So, not truly, our devices resolution. Which is why text is not as sharp as in other browsers that natively support higher resolutions.

It works great, don't get me wrong. I have been a long-time Skyfire Alpha and Beta tester and think it's great. I just know it will be even better with true support for higher resolutions. Very much looking forward to it!

I am just mentioning that they are working on true support for our newer toys.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:14 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
It does auto scale and will work on VGA and WVGA screens. However, the QVGA image is essentially double-pixeled to fit VGA resolutions(WVGA as well). So, not truly, our devices resolution. Which is why text is not as sharp as in other browsers that natively support higher resolutions.

It works great, don't get me wrong. I have been a long-time Skyfire Alpha and Beta tester and think it's great. I just know it will be even better with true support for higher resolutions. Very much looking forward to it!

I am just mentioning that they are working on true support for our newer toys.
oh, good point but i never noticed i thought it looked good anyway, but then again it has been a while since i had my TP
Old 10-04-2009, 10:31 AM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
YAR! When did this happen?! Stoooooooked

Edit: Yeah...the things outline it that article don't......happen.

Sponsored by Kools.

Last edited by bradart; 10-04-2009 at 10:48 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software